creating a new trick

So I noticed that Most of the freestyles I see from the high-placing throwers in the big time competitions most everyone does as much stuff behind the back, between their legs, or sideways as possible and I’m pretty sure they do this because they get extra points for doing those things. Honestly I kinda get bored of seeing things I’ve already seen before just done sideways, behind the back, etc. Now onto my main point which is, do you get extra points in a competition for doing a trick that’s either something you created or something totally new that no one’s ever seen before? cause if not I really think they should because to me it seems that everyone’s just trying to be as fast as possible and do things in a fancy way just to take advantage of the system.

I think it depends on the trick that you come up with… but I can’t really say anything about this because I’m very unfamiliar with yo-yo competitions…

Sebastian Brock’s performance this year was pretty straight. No horizontals or BtB. Just some neck wraps and original tricks.

This is probabbly stupied and no one’s going to do it
But I would love to see Ben Conde’s in 1A.
As what I mean is some flashy tricks.
as if you put the yoyo into your “pocket in your shirt”
I don’t know the term for it but its a shirt with a small pocket
And then doing a Laceration or such
Or using your shoe’s and kicking it up at the same time etc etc.
Of course these are all used but its a new concept atleast.
for Originality just stick with Sideways/Frontstyles and maybe some neck wraps.
Also Horizontals.

Doing wildly original tricks can score huge in contest, for example, John Ando won Worlds in 08 with a freestyle that wasn’t blindingly fast or full of horizontals, behind the backs, and string hits, but instead moves that were completely unlike anything that had been done up until that point. It can be risky business, though.

Tech tricks score a lot now. I would just take out any whips in a freestyle, those like score you nothing at all because there’s no string hits. It’s also all about the string hits, that’s what also scores you a lot of points. You can create tricks by watching videos for inspiration. It’s all about inspiration.

sorry but your wrong string hits are 1 point for each new type of hit i can’t explain it well but i could show you. Lacerations,whips and sucides are 2 points.more complicated GT suicides and some other stuff (more original more complicated stuff). in prelims style isn’t worth anything but in finals you get points for style. Also you can get more points for horizontal behind the back etc.