Counterweight Conundrum

What is the best Candy Dice Counterweight for those experienced in their usage? I was looking at the Pro Comet as it looked interesting but if anyone has any better ideas I’m open to them. For reference I’ve been doing 5A for about 8 months so I’m starting to border on not-a-complete-noob and have a Duncan Dice and a Porykon Saturn. I’m just looking for something heavy and less clumsy than the Dice for my counterweight (for more reference I like the Saturn A LOT but it is really light for me).

Not candy weight, but I make an xl globe that is a bit heavier and larger than normal. I’ll be able to get pictures and weights tomorrow when I’m back home.

1 Like

There’s no best as a general thing, just different, with different design goals for different playstyles.

If you want something noticeably heavier get a Porykon Momiji Cube. If you’re interested in getting something from Candy Dice though definitely go with the Pro Square imo, Pro Square I just don’t believe is stocked at any retailers outside of Japan, so Momiji Cube will just end up being cheaper.

1 Like

get this momiji Counterweight By PoryKon – YoYoExpert

2 Likes

This is my globe xl with the large cap compared to a standard fh die(10.7gms) for size comparison.

2 Likes

@SummerThrows knows a lot about counterweights.

1 Like

I have been summoned! Sorry, I have never owned any candy dice and can’t really give an opinion. Purely based on looks the comet looks the best because of its bearing, but I also really like cube counterweights.
In terms of counterweights outside candy dice, I would recommend pretty much any of porykon and dedheddesigns’ stuff, and I also really like the ultra weight.

2 Likes