Contest: The Splash Game! Winner Announced.

Oh its over? Great! FINALLY no more spam hahaha. I liked the idea of the contest, but some people went crazy with the spam.

Definitely some unwanted messages, but I’ve gotten some and seen some on the board that have nothing to do with a yo-yo contest or a yo-yo. A yo-yoer on a yo-yo forum, asking another yo-yoer on the same yo-yo forum to look at his yo-yo and vote on his yo-yo is not spam. It might be annoying, and unwanted, maybe rude, but not spam.

If someone I do not know sends me a message because I’m “TotalArtist” on the yo-yo forum about something yo-yo related, I would not call it spam either. Now, if someone sends you a message with no posts, and no feedback, asking you on a yo-yo forum to buy prescription drugs for a very low price, with a link outside of YYE… that’s spam. This was not in the same category, and to depict it as such is exaggerated.

Congratu… wait, what? What just happened…?

I haven’t seen a plot twist like this since The Usual Suspects, I had resigned myself to a dignified loss days ago.

Well this is certainly a nice surprise to wake up to! If I may go all Oscar-acceptance speech on you all then I’d like to thank the great lads who voted for me, The Fantastic 5:

TyBigonet
yoyoguy345
Sparkhawk
Logi
DrAwesome

Couldn’t have done it without you comerades. Massive thanks to Totalartist as well for the contest, it was great fun watching it unfold and I appreciate the time and effort put in to make it work.

I think this is the first contest I’ve won in my life, so I’m actually pretty chuffed. That’s really made my day that has. wipes eyes

You’re most welcome Gambit!!!

It was like a movie, drama, comedy, suspense, plot thickens, plot twist…and here we are. :smiley: I swear I’m picking a name out of a hat next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well…I made sure to get to the post office first thing this morning (afternoon for you), and got the Yelets prize you selected mailed out to you. It’s nice and smooth too. I will PM the details. I posted this photo on Instagram.

Let me know if it’s okay to post your winning Splash Game entry on Instagram. I would give you credit of course. I think it should be in the Instagram edition of The Splash Game too.

Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations again. ;D
T.A.

I’m just suprised how little it took to bribe you, I would have paid twice as much if you had held out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I kid, I kid.

Cor blimey, that thing sure is purty!! lusts over dat Yelets Seeing Tsukasa Takatsu (try and say that 3 times in a row) rocking the chopsticks with the Yelets really made me want one (being a large chopsticks fan myself), so this is fantastic! I don’t celebrate Christmas myself (never have), but I can imagine that this is what it feels like to be a little kid laying in bed the night beforehand. I just hope the good old UK postal system doesn’t go all:

Maybe they’ll be kinder this time of the year…

Yeh I’m happy for you to post up the old Krown, in retrospect I really should have gotten instagram already, it seems that everything in the yoyoing world of importance is happening there. I might sign up this evening and start #trickcircle-ing.

Thanks again for everything! (For the 102nd time)

Well, there’s some filter on that photo to make the colors pop for Instagram :-\ Here it is with no filter…

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7408/11466798563_92337cbee6_z.jpg
Yelets by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2808/11466788073_e5758a2bff_z.jpg
Yelets by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

I will get that post on Instagram today and by tomorrow let you know how many likes it gets. I’ll post up a copy of the post here too. You should sign up on Instagram. I hated social media before Instagram. Photos and minimal comments are my thing. You won’t regret it. It takes a few days to get used to it and then it clicks. :wink:

I thought I won?
Oh yeah, I did. Shipping’s just gonna take 1 eternity. I’ll let you all know when I get it! :smiley:

LOL

Congrats gambit!

So TA im not mad that I got dissqualified im just wondering what actualy happened I understand that someone got mad about so many pms getting sent out

but I only sent out like 15 to people ive talked to on the forums before and stuff like that

so I am slightly confused as to why I was disquilified

^dont take it the wrong way Im not mad at all Im just slightly confused

Im surprised you got DQ’d to.

And supposedly Logi did not?

Honestly me and logi are the only ones deserving the DQ. We both mass PM’d but erik you seem fine.

But its over, and shipped :-\

Yea idk why I got a DQ either im totaly fine with it whats done is done im just curious on what really happened

Everyone who got disqualified knows by now, that they have been disqualified, and the reason why. Whether you were the ring leader, or someone who followed suit to a lesser extent or even a much lesser extent, in attempt to level the playing field. If your name was mentioned as someone who was sending unwanted messages to people you apparently did not know well…you were eliminated from winning the contest.

The thread is no longer about the disqualified, and it was only unlocked to congratulate the winner. If you want to discuss that behavior, send mass PMs among yourselves from this point on.

Please…and thank you.

ok so someone did complain about a message I sent them now I get it

I didnt know 15 messages was considerd mass pming but whats done is done

Thanks for taking the time to explain this and for running the contest it was fun while it lasted

Gambit’s post is doing well on Instagram… 59 likes.

yea 59 likes is pretty good

Congrats Gambit

Yeah, it’s only been up one day, so I’m sure it will get more too. Left side is winning in the comment votes.

Congratulations Gambit! Enjoy it!

Phwoar, you’re quite the publicity agent! I don’t know much about Instagram, but if you say that’s good, then I’m pretty chuffed. :smiley:

Thanks lads, I appreciate the kind words. :slight_smile: