Contest: share your most "beat" yo-yo, win a new yo-yo! [ended 11/16]

My most dinged up yoyo is my Yoyofactory Shutter.
IMG_2932 IMG_2954
IMG_2943

The Shutter was my first metal yoyo, I bought it for myself with my own money, which makes it even more special. I’d say it’s the yoyo which started my yoyo journey, I made my first original trick with the Shutter and learned many tricks online with it as well. I’ve had my Shutter for a year and six days exactly, and in that time I’ve taken it wherever I’ve traveled. Thailand, the United States, South Africa, India and more! It’s been well loved, used for who knows how many hours and has given me so much entertainment. The first ding I ever got on this yoyo was in a parking lot in North Carolina. I cried lol. Now looking at all these dings, I see all the memories I’ve made with my Shutter. This long scratch all around the yoyo was created by an airport janitor who decided that “walking the dog” on the marble floor would be a good idea. (I was waiting outside a bathroom and yoyoing. A guy working there wanted to give it a try… It’s kinda hard to say no when you have been told by your mom to stay outside the bathroom and you can’t walk away. Oof.)
I gashed out a giant chunk of metal at the bus stop waiting for my older cousin’s bus that was taking her home. Silly me yoyoing over some gravel resulted in scratches all around yoyo. The yoyo is a common colorway and model, but it’s unique because of the dings and marks which makes it priceless to me. A big part about yoyoing is great memories, and I think my Shutter definitely represents that.

IMG_0349
Seattle USA :us:
IMG_0616
Thailand :thailand:
IMG_2152
South Africa :south_africa:

My Shutter is dinged, scratched and slightly vibey, but it still plays well and I use it often. Some people may see ugly, but I see loved. I’m so grateful for this yoyo, and it’s one of my most prized possessions.

14 Likes