Constitutional?

I believe you mis enterperate (no idea how to spell that lol) the meaning of the second amendment…
Just like other documents of the time, the second amendment itself has a preamble - (a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state) … back when this document was written, every day men were expected to show up to their local militias and to have their own weapons… it makes sense because they just finish fighting a government that was treating them tyranically… idk if that made sense to you or not… but here is the part that negates the " well regulated militia" arguement… "the right of the people (not the militia) to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed…

also, owning a weapon cant possibly be a violent crime… Using it to hurt someone for criminal reasons is…

Tell it to the judge. Or get a good lawyer. :wink:

Am I the only one curious as to why you would like to carry such a large weapon around on a daily basis?

Well, size matters…

Only if you know how to use it!

calling 7 inches large is a matter of opinion, but simply because I want to, and I dont feel that local laws can legally tell my I cant… however, if I am caught, and the judges dont feel the same, I either have to appeal the case, or become a convicted felon

Besides…while the Constitution says you have the right to bear arms, it does not specify that you can just carry around whatever weapons you want, or that you can take them anywhere you want. Public safety is going to trump personal freedom. I doubt anyone is going to argue that it is un-Constitutional for the security at the courthouse to prevent you from entering while having a weapon on your person.

I wouldnt mind anybody carrying a 7" knife as long as they knew what they were doing. Also, do you live in a rural community?

Really though… Why do you need a 7 inch blade?? That’s silly… I have a credit card sized multi-tool in my wallet with a 1 inch blade and have never said “You know what would make this better? An extra half foot of sharpness.”

Are you cutting down rope bridges or something?

1 Like

rural community? - yes

extra half foot? may be silly, but just because its not what most people would decide to carry, dosnt mean there needs to be a law against it. simply owning a knife of any size does not tread on anyones right to life, liberty or property… Its what the owner does with it.

What everyone seems to ignore is just because you are doing what is right doesn’t mean it is legal. In all our internal wars one or both sides where breaking laws, risking their life, and freedom, if caught they would have been jailed.
If a militia was to set its self in motion it wouldn’t be protected by any laws or rules with in our government. If it won then they would be fine it if lost, they would be labeled terrorists and jailed/killed/hunted down.
During the war the government would surly put out propaganda stating they are terrorists and killers, and you can expect the government knows that a well armed population has just about no willingness to be either disarmed or to put up with oppression. So it is in their best interest to limit what we as non government people have at our disposal to oppose them. It is true the pen is mightier then the sword, unless you are in a battle. It is easy to ignore someone righting something against you, but a gun in your face is not so easy to ignore.
What I am saying here is, asking the government to keep our rights in tact is like asking a lion to keep a wounded gazelle in tact, its not going to happen. It simply is not with in their best interests. So why would they? Would you fight for the rights of someone specifically so they could keep you in check? That’s what you are expecting the government to do for you.

If your using a 1" blade and havent felt the need for the extra half foot than you need to go do some REAL work and tell me if it doesnt help

a very productive post schnayke… this government is opressive (wether or not people want to admit it or not is another story) for instance, who (other than politicians) is in favor of raising taxes… maybe you have been forced to accept them, but do they really serve you well? Im not talking about the money going to education, or fixing roads… think of the sheer billions being sent to the us war effort, where many of our own citizens dont even think we belong over there…

this whole discussion is a sign the gov has too much power… hopefully tuesdays primary election will prove productive and favorable

I’ll just leave this here:

http://shortwavepirate.info/WBNY/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/armbears2.jpg

1 Like

And that would finally make bear hunting a fair sport!

Pistols for Pandas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHY_xOj2M_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player