Complaining about prices

:slight_smile: Are we in the class of YoyoExpert Civics 101, or YoyoExpert Science 101? Newton’s 3rd law of motion applies to “motion.” The freedom of speech on YoyoExpert has nothing to do with the law of motion. Further, even if we want to apply the law of motion to freedom of speech on YoyoExpert, it still fails. There is not necessarily any reaction to speech. You might say something and get a positive reaction, a negative reaction, neither of those, or in fact, no reaction at all. Also, the reaction to speech is not necessarily “equal” or “opposite” at all.

I think I get your point kind of anyway. But, moving on, because freedom of speech was not the crux of my argument anyway. I still have that question for you from my last post…hoping you will enlighten me on this one:

“Again, why do you think complaining about prices is not allowed in the BST (by rule), but it is allowed in other places on the forum? This thread was started requesting that a new rule be imposed that makes the rest of the forum, that relates to the store, match the same rule in the BST. It sounds like something that would be consistent to me. For that reason alone, it makes perfect sense.”

Well, at least we got the best thread of the last several days out of this. Props to Sparhawk. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: speech always gets a reaction :slight_smile: why else would be here on this thread speaking about the one (currently only one, but you and i know there are more) thread where someone was complaining lol.

but you are right we have digressed. so my thought is this someone should have the right to complain, but as part of that the mods should have the right to enforce the consequence to that right by removing and sending that thread to the sea of forget! haha so it is still relative hehe.

:slight_smile: and yes i still believe that where one has a right to say what they like they also have the right to receive that fair consequence and if it is deemed appropriate then deletion and a short vacation might be in order!

reactions are a funny thing and sometimes we arent even realizing we’ve had a reaction to something when its so natural to act in such a way as we have learned over the years through education or through habit.

but i agree very good dialog and it went how it should a dance between at least 2 minds and not the hunt for blood :).

cheers to more awesome threads full of win!

Hmmm…I have seen many instances, where speech got no reaction at all. The fact that this specific topic got a reaction, is no proof that speech “always” gets a reaction. I think to support a statement that something “always” happens, we need a lot more proof than this one instance.

I will await someone to sort out that question for me :-\ I think sparhawk’s suggestion is dead on. But, in the meantime…is the written word even “speech” to begin with? I prefer the term “freedom of expression.” That seems to encompass all mediums better. But, I still feel the same…that there is none on a forum. :smiley:

Snafu, we have to start the whole argument from scratch now, because I decided I don’t want to apply the phrase. Let’s use a new one instead. :smiley: But, in general, whenever this “forum overhaul” happens that I’ve been hearing about, I cannot wait to see the changes.

thread aimed toward the yeti complainer(s).

Nope, not particularly.

The skewer me if you wish thread

Thanks Snafu and TA. Love seeing two people who disagree on a forum actually take the time to explain civilly and in detail their opinion rather than resort to name calling and flame wars. Bravo to the both of you! =)

Yuki

2 Likes