Community CAD Yoyo - First Design Made!

Closing polls in ~3 days. Last chance to vote!

~2 days! Get your votes in!

1 Like

Closing polls on Thursday. ~12 hours!

The decisions have been made! Will start designing the yoyo shortly.

Monometal
7075 Aluminum
44mm Wide
54mm Diameter
Organic Shape
63 gms
Flat Hub with Spike
Response Bump
Thumb Grind Lip
Rim Weight
Bearing Size C
Schmoove Groove
Angled Inner Diameter

7 Likes

Sounds like quite a Yoyo! Can wait to see the final design

1 Like

Idk how difficult Yoyo design is but you should make multiple variations of the design within the parameters and have us vote on it to keep the polls going. Would be very cool

4 Likes

This sounds like an interesting a idea. I can definitely do that although I don’t know how different the yoyos will end up being though.

2 Likes

Iteration 0.1:

Specs:
Diameter: 54.4mm
Width: 44.2mm
Half Weight: 30.045gms
Assembled Weight: 63gms
MMOI: 15217
Body: 7075 Aluminum
Bearing: Size C
Axle: M4 x 8mm x 0.7mm

First version. Please give me your thoughts/complaints/suggestions of things I should change/make better.

9 Likes

It honestly looks pretty good

2 Likes

The schmoove with a response bump is funny. Makes the schmoove groove more or less just a neat design flourish

1 Like

GWAY Regulator and Esper have similar configurations.

1 Like

True we just don’t get a cross section to scrutinize with those. I like the look of it, a small bit of me would be fine with removing the response bump but the vote is what sets the guidelines

TBH, I’m not sure I have a definitive understanding of what schmooves are for (if this is even achievable):

• Reduce string drag with multiple bearing wraps in a high wall design(?)
  • Reduce weight(?)
  • Something to do with air flow and keeping slack-icides open(?)
  • Just looks cool(?)
1 Like

Is there anything I should change?

In a mid to high wall with no response bump the schmoove theoretically does something. In this it just looks neat and maybe affects weight distribution

Honestly might do nothing idk. I’m going off of what I’ve heard and been told

I honestly like the schmoove with the response bump. Atmos does this with a lot of their yo-yos.

1 Like

It might be difficult to fingerspin with this cup design. I’d say make the spike more concave, and then if you can find a way to angle the outer step then that’d be an improvement, otherwise the Yoyo might futilely dance around your finger as you try and reach for the spike.

1 Like

So do people actually finger spin on spikes?

1 Like

That’s what I use it for. My g2 banshee is my best Yoyo for fingerspins easily.

1 Like

I do pull starts with them

3 Likes