Comic books?

anyone collect? i collect the batman who laughs and the blue beetle. share what you collect, im interested!

1 Like

I used to collect but I downsized a few years back. Still read but only in tpb now. Always have been a big swamp thing fan. Other modern era favorites were Astro city, Chew, Saga, batman, aquaman(new 52 launch was fantastic for aquaman), and American vampire all quickly come to mind. Now if we want to talk comic art I have a silly large collection of Flaming carrot commissions.

3 Likes

I collected comics on and of for most of my life. Very little now though. At one time or another I’ve owned (from memory)

JIM 83 (two I think)
TOS 39
TTA 27
XMen 1
Showcase 22
All American 16

Lots more as well. Many more key books, I named some of the bigger ones from memory.

Also… a Supey 1 with no back cover. That’s the one I most regret selling/trading.

3 Likes

I had a feeling there where a few comic book fiends in this forum.
My brother and i used to collect when we where young. Mostly marvel comics and Batman… Spiderman ws hands down our favorite😉. Grew up in forest Hills, i used to hang out at all Peter parkers spots…i always wanted a web slinger. No surprise i found the YO-YO

3 Likes

Same here. Now most of what I buy is Comixology digital comics. Usually guided by what is on sale.

1 Like

I collected X-Men and Wolverine since childhood, but have since downsized to only Wolverine… which I’m also trying to downsize (if anyone’s interested :wink:)

4 Likes

you should try: Batman Damned. it has swamp thing.

I collected back in the day. Gave my collection to my brother to sell off and put towards his kids college fund. Collected Marvel all the X books and Wolverine. Lots of early Image comics. Loved all the titles from Valiant Comics. Looking forward to seeing Bloodshot just hope it not as cheesy as the Dolph Lundgren “The Punisher”

I really wish they would make some of the Dark Horse comics into movies. The Terminator vs RoboCop was good book

1 Like

@anmo

2 Likes

Omg me too!!

1 Like

I still read Spider-Man. Spidey has been my favorite for… roughly 35 years. I also still read X-Men, some Avengers, random stuff that looks good and Runaways which I read with my daughter. I just buy TPB these days. Just like with yo-yos, I only buy/keep what I use, with a few exceptions.

2 Likes

Daniel Clowes

Robert Crumb

Adrian Tomine

The Hernandez brothers

Charles Burns

I guess you could say I like “indie”

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say Im a collector, but I love to read the Avatar the last air bender comics :grin:

1 Like

In the late 90s, my brother collected all things McFarlane. As such he got me into Sam & Twitch.

I got about the first 2 dozen or so, till they changed the cover artist if I remember correct.

1 Like

I just found Outcast 1-12 collected in 2 books at my comic book shop used and cheap. I liked the story waaaay more than I thought I would. I have not read Frogcatchers yet. Jeff Lemire is one of my favorite comic book writers/artists.

1 Like