clyw yeti

He could have been looking for beat to hell yoyos.

yeeeaaahh. someone offered two summits for a yeti at my yoyo clubā€¦ its ridiculous. the yoyo is great no doubt but at the end of the day itā€™s still a plastic yoyo. they do have great trading value

Give up Two Summits or Pay 70ish for a Yeti? Hmmm.

the yeti was damaged and was bought for $45ā€¦

Two Summits for a damaged Yeti. It was already bad. But thatā€™s horrible.

One of the worst trades Iā€™ve ever heard about.

lol yeah but thats why i wanna stock up on yetis haha

Yea thats a bad deal.

lol @ a price increase. Please defend that with numbers. Each successive run should be working off initial tooling and mold costs, so in that way the more that are sold the better for you guys. Packaging, small parts, and materials canā€™t be more than $15 per yoyo, throw in a hefty chunk of profit, say $15 per yoyo, another $10 per yoyo in production costs at most, now weā€™re at $40, but ya gotta pay someone to sand and tune the yoyos, because apparently thatā€™s such a laborious and complicated process, letā€™s say you only get 5 done an hour per worker, how much should they make, i dunno, $20 an hour seems generous, so thatā€™s another $4 per yoyo, so weā€™re at $44, add another $11 for who knows what, rejects and a smidgen more profit i guess, and weā€™re at $55, which is expensive, but as iā€™ve said previously a price iā€™m willing to pay because it is a fun yoyo. Just really seems crazy to need to charge even more, and the fact that you guys arenā€™t selling the rejects as FGs to recoup some costs boggles my mind.

You guys need to throw 5 halves and a pile of parts in a box and sell it for $75. No sanding, no shaving, no tuning, buyer takes all the risks, mixes and matches and cleans up the pieces as they want and hopefully end up with one perfect Yeti and another perfect to just ok Yeti, and CLYW literally has to do nothing except pump the halves out and dump them in a box. Canā€™t think of a reason you guys arenā€™t doing this. The current way the Yeti is being manufactured and sold is just terrible and there seems to be a lot of room to improve the process for CLYW and buyers.

Rant overā€¦

Youā€™ve got it all figured out. You should start a yoyo company. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A) They donā€™t need to defend anything with numbers. Itā€™s not a publicly traded company that has to show investors their financial stats.

B) I like how your entire argument of the ā€œPackaging, small parts, and materials canā€™t be more than $15 per yoyoā€ is an arbitrary number you have completely made up out of the blue.

C) I donā€™t typically fight or rant or ever feel the need to defend a company or their products on these boards, but clearly the Yeti isnā€™t for you. Some of us (myself included) have greatly enjoyed the CLYW Yeti. I have multiple Yetis and I anticipate purchasing another 1 or 2 in different colors. I donā€™t need them. I didnā€™t need the first or second Yeti I purchased, but Iā€™ve enjoyed the Yeti enough that I feel it warrants another purchase or two. For those of us that enjoy the Yeti and are looking forward to more, thanks, CLYW. For those of you not interested in the Yeti or CLYW we get it. Stop flaming, thereā€™s no point entering a thread to spread anger.

2 Likes

I like they way you guyā€™s are doing it. I mean it would be kinda fun to try and assemble and tune my own Yeti but Iā€™m afraid I would screw it up so Iā€™m much happier buying them pre-assembled.

1 Like

I can be sassy about it all I want but really what it boils down to is CLYW has employees and a team and we sponsor a ton of contests and these things cost money. So built in to the price of every single return top we sell is the price of all those other things we do. And when a return top turns out to be WAY more work than we anticipated, that means that the price has to go up. It has nothing to do with the hard material costs, and everything to do with labor and shipping and additional shipping to a second location to have secondary labor do the work and the cost of that secondary labor and blah blah blah.

Bottom line is we only charge what we have to. If thatā€™s more than you are willing to pay, thatā€™s totally cool. The Yeti is still the most affordable thing in our line, but if itā€™s not your jam weā€™re ok with that. We arenā€™t going to judge you for how you choose to spend your money, and weā€™re not going to get mad about you judging us for how we run our company.

Weā€™re just gonna keep doing it, and hope that people get it and appreciate it and support what weā€™re trying to do. So far, there are enough of those for us to keep doing things the way we want. And there are a ton of other companies that probably make something to your liking, so youā€™re all set.

All good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I paid $65 for a Black Yeti almost a year ago. I love it. Iā€™ve owned up to four yetis at once and currently the only yoyo I own is that black yeti.(And some stuff it need to sell but that doesnā€™t count) Iwould honestly pay $65 for another one of the black yetis that donā€™t play as well as the other ones.(And some stuff it need to sell but that doesnā€™t count)

1 Like

Having players sand their own yoyos would be a terrible idea. That kind of thing only works in modeling hobbies like RC.

1 Like

Yoyoing: Spoonfed babies club.

Never heard of modder fodder? I personally think offering reject or unassembled parts in small kits would be neat.

People donā€™t. They buy yoyos for preference, not performance.

Whyā€¦? Also i never said to sell everyone like that, just to make it an option to allow CLYW to release thousands of Yetis and let people take responsibility for assembling their own yoyos.

The only real precaution I could think of is to make the parts distinct enough that they canā€™t be later mistaken or sold as actual Yetis, but still keeping /that/ process of marking them cheap enough to justify doing.

Well said uncle steve Iā€™m a huge fan of clyw family and appreciate all you guys have done for the sport and am looking forward to guys continuing to thrive. (If that makes sense Iā€™m really tired haha)

1 Like

Kids will buy them thinking theyā€™re getting a great deal, totally screw them up, and complain to CLYW. More trouble then its worth. If you really want some reject halfs, you could try asking them directly.