clyw yeti

They look and feel nice but you could still find better performing products for cheaper, and everyone wants one.

Not really.

And anyways, performance isn’t everything.

I Would say Apple also makes great products and has nice service, so in that regard, yes they are! ;D

1 Like

Yes, really. There are some very good yoyos for under $145, but people don’t buy CLYW for pure performance anyways.

Apple revolutionized their industry, set a pace that most of their competitors still haven’t caught up to, and actually made quality industrial and graphic design appealing to the mass market.

We’ll take it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

We sold them for $55. Some prototype colors were released in tiny quantities for collectors at a higher price because sometimes collectors dig that sort of thing. But Black was $45 and colors were $55. Be cool.

1 Like

CLYW also had free international shipping when they were selling Yetis from their website. Well worth it.

1 Like

I’ve been around yo-yoing for a long time, but I’ve never owned a CLYW and here’s why - When I try a yo-yo brand I’ve never had before, I want it to be brand new, so I won’t buy CLYW from the BST. The issue then becomes the limited quantity of available on launch, and my available cash flow at the time. Those two never seem to be in sync, and so my collection (and ultimately, the Museum) end up with no CLYW yo-yos. I’m sure I will eventually get one, and after all time it better be good!

I think this is a pretty good shout. I like the idea of having to build and tune my own yoyo, seems like fun.

I, like Nathan before me, was somewhat skeptical of exactly how good a pure-plastic yoyo could be and wasn’t sure if it was all just hyped up (hate to use the word, but you know what I mean). Then I picked a blue one up at Nats and wow, it really is every bit as good as people say it is.

Tonnes of fun, great performance, unique feel… I’m genuinely impressed by what Chris accomplished with nutin’ but plastic.

1 Like

Are they still going to be $55 for the next release? or is it a secret?

Unfortunately, we’re probably going to have to bump the price up a little. When we originally priced them, we really had no idea how much labor went in each one, or what the reject rate was going to be.

The price bump won’t be much, but it will be a little. Still haven’t worked out all the math.

cue flames

Ok thats cool.

1 Like

Well, they have to pay the marketing manager now… :wink:

1 Like

The only way you could be more apple like is if you patented your own bearing size and only sold white and black yoyos with accents.

CLYW:

A small yoyo manufacturing company based in Canada made up of 2 people. The owner works a second job to supplement his income and expenses.

Apple:

An American multinational corporation that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, online services, and personal computers. Employs 78,800 employees and had an annual revenue in 2013 of $170,000,000,000.

…

Yep, seems legit. Expect Apple’s lawyers to be in touch Steve.

1 Like

I meant product wise, and wasn’t being literal. But yes you’re right, CLYW could start making phones and such and change their name to Aple, and then they’d be closer to Apple.

CLYW: Yoyos
Apple: Electronics

CLYW: Small Business
Apple: Huge Corporation

CLYW: Small Quantity release
Apple: Mass release/mass produced

CLYW: Made in North America
Apple: Made in China

CLYW: Seen in yoyo videos
Apple: Seen in commercials

The only similarity I can find is that the both sell high end products. If that’s the only requirement then CLYW is also the Nike, Coach, Loui Vuitton, BMW, Rolex, Banana Republic, Fossil, and the True Religion of yoyos. I guess that’s good company. :wink:

2 Likes

Did you all miss the part where I said “of yoyos”? I was just comparing their positions in their respective industries.

I just found out in this thread that Steve Brown is with CLYW! I have a man-crush on the guy…maybe it’s the mustache. :wink:

Even though he is the Marketing Manager, it would be awesome if he came out with new signature throw with them. The Caribou Buzz or Antler-Fight (Just discovered I’m quite bad at naming yoyos)

Anyway, Congrats CLYW team!

1 Like

the yetis price is going up… time to stock up and scalp!

Even with a slight bump in the retail price, they should be cheaper than what I’ve seen them going for in the BST. That’s just ridiculous.

Saw one dude the other day offering up a Yeti for trade: “Will only trade for other CLYW”.

LOL