CLYW YETI

It is releasing Saturday at 10pm

Well so much for staying up tonight

pouts

I just laughed really hard at this ^. So glad I decided to read page 8.

Hey Everyone!

I guess I should answer some questions here and explain some things ā€¦

The threaded insert is actually molded into the plastic. It is brass.

The sticker hides the injection point.

The little chip on the nipple is when the mold shop added a feature to identify orientation of the part in the mold. They put it a little too close to the edge by accident. During testing we wanted to see if orientation of the two halves affected vibration. Turned out there was no trend that we could see. Hopefully for future runs I can get them to fix this notch.

What else ā€¦ hmmm ā€¦

The black yetis are priced at $40, at this price stores are making more then us. Any lower and Iā€™d prob have to just shelf this project, but thatā€™s how pricing works in the retail market. So we gotta run with it. A little background on the pricing, since weā€™re trying a different plastic, our cycle time during molding is higher then regular PC yo-yos. A higher cycle time means higher cost. This was a big risk for me, but the play/looks really justifies it.

Oh ya and Pat from YoYoFactory gave me some snap fit bearing spacers to try out and they are fantastic! Perfect for easy bearing removal!

Anyways. The Yeti is amazing. There has been so much buzz here about it at Worlds and everyone that Iā€™ve let try mine loved it, except for this one kid. He said he didnā€™t like the shape. That was it. One kid told me he didnā€™t like it. Or maybe Iā€™m too intimidating? I donā€™t really think I am. Iā€™m pretty shy.

The sticker is actually the same type of sticker that would go on a control panel. It is a little reflective (which makes it hard to photograph), plus the adhesive is 3M. Really wanted to make the sticker super pro!

Iā€™m really thankful for everyoneā€™s support. Itā€™s amazing!

Yetis drop at YoYoExpert on Saturday at 10pm. Canā€™t wait!

10 Likes

Thanks Chris.

Got mine last night. Here is the unboxing video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xlyqh50OOo

1 Like

Great job with the Yeti, Chris!! I love mine!!

I am so excited. This is going to be my last yoyo purchase this year and it looks like it will be great:)

I died right about here :smiley: Also canā€™t wait to pick mine up tonight!

So the first run will have the snap fit spacers? Or the future runs?

Thanks Chris I canā€™t wait to get mine!

On a side note did anyone else laugh really hard at the listing for the $80 yeti in the classifieds? Some people are just extremely greedy.

Is there a limit on ordering from YoYoE I have friend that is placing an order for few of us since a couple of us arenā€™t able to make the sale time to purchase? & it seems like these are a sure sellout.

Yeah i saw tht

If youā€™re their at 10pm you shouldnā€™t have a problem getting one.

I would give these about 30 minutes then they will sell out

1 Like

I hope Iā€™m one of the first people to get one, but I hope the site doesnā€™t crash! Speaking of the site, whereā€™s the countdown?

What are the Classifieds?

Ummm classifieds is just another term for sales section (most every other forum I am a long time member of calls that section that) & I forgot itā€™s called something else here.

But one of the awesome mods 86 binned the greed seekers thread :slight_smile: itā€™s always nice to have great mods that keep the forums clean and tidy

Classifieds=BST

I currently do not have the snap fit spacers ā€¦ so once the spacers arrive, from that point on they will have the snap fit spacers. I will announce it at that time. For now, each Yeti comes with a free set of the regular spacers.

Would you sell the snap fit spacers separately by any chance?

1 Like