CLYW Summer Tires

Yes, but not the weight distribution.

1 Like

I think that response pad sizes haven’t been perfected, so most of the yoyo industry has just been going along with something that works okay, but not fantastic.

2 Likes

I like the fact the snow tires are not the norm. I prefer the snow tire response to most everything other than flowable (my fav). 19mm always felt slippier and while they play alright, i really prefer the more solid grip of the snow tires. I would be put off if they jumped ship from their own design in favor for the “standard” that I didn;t click well to begin with. If they did make that switch, I prolly wouldn’t own em. I like those that are brave enough to branch off and try something else. Especially when they find something better than the run of the mill copies.

2 Likes

That’s not really what they’re doing, it’s basically the opposite. They’re sticking with an old, outdated response that everyone else has moved past. A lot of older silicone response yo-yos had similar sized response grooves. They don’t anymore. If everyone has adjusted to a new standard, it’s not just some arbitrary decision.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Buddha brand CLYW response pads and they function like the Summer Tires are advertised(I think. I have not tried Summer Tires to know this for sure). A little less thickness on the pad maybe .3mm but it helps a lot with snagging issues. Definitely helps when you live in the hot/humid south and like to throw outside.

1 Like

I’ll have to try the summer tires. Too often I’ve found snow tires to be way too aggressive or snaggy. Most of my CLYW have silicone. The ones that don’t are only because I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I really didn’t like the wildfire till I poured silicone in it.

1 Like