Snow Tires?

What size are the CLYW Snow Tires? I wanna get a Manatee but I’m worried about response pads. I would get Snow Tires, but I’m used to the 19mm Red Pads from YoYoFactory. Will those work?

1 Like

Snow tires are the only response pads that work with CLYW Yoyos. They do not work on any other Yoyos. :wink:

Which also means vice versa? Other pads won’t work on CLYW yo-yos?

2 Likes

Yep. But snow tires last forever. You won’t need to change them as often. They are a lot thicker and beefier

that’s the problem. I don’t like thick, snaggy pads. Contrary to the population, I like slight amounts of slip in my binds.

2 Likes

But, they aren’t “snaggy”, they work well with CLYW yoyos. Just get a Manatee, I’m sure you’ll love it!

And if you don’t, there’s always the BST

2 Likes

I don’t know if they used snow tires but I just put whatever I had lying around in my Avalanche and it worked just fine :+1: They didn’t fit perfectly, but they worked

1 Like

Snow Tires are about 2X thicker than 19mm slim pads, broader too. 19mm pads will not work in CLYW yo-yos unless you want to try to double them up, but why bother when you can just use snow tires?

3 Likes

I imagine flowable silicone would work too in a pinch, though the snow tires seem like they’d be superior.

Yeah flowable is an option too. Which is better is really just personal preference, they both get the job done. Pads are definitely easier though.

1 Like