clyw hype?

I like some CLYW throws quite a bit. The BvM is a personal fave. The Ava is pretty nice as well.

That being said… there is a bit of misinformation in this thread. Well, at least the following quote has some bad info. I’ll leave you the reader to come up with the errors. :slight_smile: (I guess “great number” is a bit subjective but you get the idea).

Actually I think there was a thread (or multiple threads rather) of people complaining about the price of the oxy ti.
People just like to complain about prices.

Yeah sorry, I don’t know completely about YoyoFactory, I just know there are more people involved than just one like Chris. A “great number” is a bad term, I just know they are up there in the amount of employees compared to all of the other yo-yo companies. I am guessing Duncan has the most since they have been around so long.

CLYW have some of the most confortable throws out there.
it’s no secret I like their jojos but just the normal sized ones, the peak, Ava, Chief, Canvas, and even the Artic Circle are really some of the most confortable throws ever.

Yes, that may be true…but those products are AMAZING. Supernovas? Avante Gardes? FANTASTIC throws, Even the genesis could be up there. You know how much the genesis costs? 80$. The campfire isnt too great of a yoyo (opinion) and its ten bucks more…for that tiny thing…

i think i can sorta see where you are going with this … now that you have mentioned yyf … and i read your … yyf hate thread …

i am guessing you are noticing that even though most yyf is cheaper then clyw … clyw is still bit more popular … … or just trying to figure out why people are paying more for clyw … when yyf has = or better product (your opinion i am assuming)

the fan base of clyw is bit bigger but i think main reason is supply and demand … smart business strategy if you ask me … (fan base of yyf is big too… but you can buy most of the yyf right now)

you can definitely see the difference on the b/s/t … i can trade or sell clyw way faster then i can something from yyf … and even the campfire goes fast …

the most basic reason is supply and demand as so many others mentioned and … some other stuff that other people mentioned too

;D

I found my superstar to be smoother then my canvas and my canvas is a dang smooth throw!

Yeah, but yoyos like the mutant DNA are better than the wooly marmot.

Need I say any more?

$30??? Thats actually not bad. About as much as I’d drop for a regular white sox hat. Don’t see anything wrong with it, as long as they are quality products.

Irregarless of the price or company, if I acquired a yoyo and loved it, it was a deal, if I couldn’t stand it, what a waste (only happened once), and if I just liked it, couldn’t complain one bit. ;D

Idk…I know clyw is good, great actually. I do understand that some throws deserve to be that expensive. But the campfire being 90? kinda out there. And the canvas at 150? It plays like a heavier 3yo3 bassline (which is 80). My point is…I think a lot of people buy into the HYPE of clyw…not the actual throws them selves if that makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue: It just confuses me…if its a good yoyo then play with it ya know? you dont have to break your neck trying to get a clyw…

you would’ve said the superstar instead of the genesis and it would’ve been better :slight_smile:
even though the superstar is not as confortable a throw it is still way better than a genesis.

there are a lot of firsts and things that are innovative about the lodge that people continually forget.

The price of gas goes up. The price of food goes up. The price of toys goes up. Deal with it.

It’s one of the signs of aging, “Back in my day a can of Coke was a nickel”. If you can afford luxury yoyos buy them. If you can’t afford them, save or buy economical throws many play very well. If you think the equipment makes the player you are wrong hard work/practice does. it’s nice to have high end throws but there are many kids on youtube with amazing “collections” but it is sometimes like the old man who never drives his 57 Chevy. How much is it truly enjoyed? Throw what you have and throw it well.

Back in my day BvM’s used to cost $90 and now they went up to $115 ;D

Uphill both ways

I just have to say that in my opinion, my Arctic Circle was worth every dollar I paid for it. It plays better than every other yoyo I have. Including my $180 Berserker. Crushes it. So does my first run Chief. Thanks, CLYW and Chris!

I might get mine today fathers day gift (a little early I hope). The anticipation is CRAZY.

Everyone is saying “Chris uses this as his source of income” and “he needs to make money”.

We as comsumer’s really don’t care about that. We will pay what we feel its worth, if we didn’t want to pay that much, the price would come down. simple as that.