CLYW and One Drop present The Summit

I want half Orange half green is anyone out there want to set up a halfs trade ahead of time.

I might swap you depending on If i am willing o give up half for a couple days. And is there any chance that there will be half and half s released?

[quote=“MYNAMEISZen,post:22,topic:51118”]
It WILL be hard to give up a half for a couple days. LOL

Never count it out but with the end of direct sales from One Drop’s site I imagine it would be up to the retail stores to do this themselves. The yo-yos come preassembled and boxed so in order for them to offer customers the opportunity to pick their own halves the store would have to unbox and reassemble yo-yos or they would have to order the yo-yos direct from One Drop in bulk and assemble then box them to order at their store. Both are time consuming on the retailer’s end.

The summit is legit

Yup!!! I am so happy right now! I got a bad grade in school, so I can’t trade right now. I told my mom “There is this yoyo (SHows Pic) coming out friday can you buy it for me?(Jokingly)” . She says “Wow! That has some cool colors, I like the pink(Facepalm)” I say “ehem” she says “Sure.” I was so happy! My mom hasn’t bought me a yoyo since christmas of 2011 so she said just this one.

Nice im grabbin two pink ones

why 2 pinks ? Get a light plié an swap the halfs that would look sweet :wink:

I would get one if i could pick half colors. I don’t think i’m patient enough to send someone my half and wait for the other one :stuck_out_tongue: ha…

THat would be awesome though if we could select half colors

Pre-Pro Majesty+Summit=GREAT WEEK !

Too bad about the price. Hanging out with Chris must have rubbed off on you. +$15 for solids and +$20 for splashes compared to your other recent releases? C’mon.

I don’t understand the hate here, its the same price as the Cascade, which, coincidentally, the Summit is based off of. The pricing is spot on imo. When I first heard about it I was expecting it to be more, so I was pleasantly surprised with $115.

No. Cascade is $100 for solids, $115 for splashes, Summit is $115 for solids, $135 for splashes, that’s my point.

Point made good sir. I was incorrect, I just looked at the cascade pricing. I just pulled up the one drop page and saw the blue solid as the cover picture and $115.
Even still, I have no problem with the pricing here. There are two quality yoyo companies involved here, making a yoyo that, from what they have said will have multiple runs. If it were a one off run I could understand maybe them giving back to the community with a cool yoyo without really making any money off of it, but since its being widely made, I fully expect them to be able to turn a profit. The price is close enough to one drop’s other offerings and the basically spot on to the Avalanche prices. Like I said before, I was fully expecting this to be more expensive.

Also, you can think of it from the point of view that OD rubbed off on Chris.

Clyw doesn’t get outta bed in the morning for a yoyo less than $120.

We will see about that when this plastic finally shows up

Im really curious how much one of these costs to make, from the machining, raw materials, anodizing, shipping, bearings, response, axle, etc. would be cool to get an insider scoop. Even though i know that wont happen

In One Drop’s case, it’s probably sort of like a restaurant. Maybe the pasta dish they serve for $20 only cost them $2 to make. But it’s all the overhead that really makes the difference between apparent profit per sale, vs. actual profitability for the company. It’s not that the materials are that expensive, or machining them is that expensive. It’s the fact that a shop is expensive to run, the lathes themselves are super expensive, all the time/money machinists invest learning the craft. All the other miscellaneous expenses involved with running a shop/office. Having to pay themselves enough to make a living do it, etc. So although I bet technically each yoyo is dirt cheap for them to make, compared to the expense involved with opening, expanding and maintaining their huge shop, etc, they need to sell a lot of yoyos at a high profit margin before the operation as a whole is profitable. Since One Drop’s been around a while, I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t already profitable overall.

But think of it this way… some restaurants cost a couple million dollars or more to open, and then with the cost of running it, it might not be profitable for years until after all its debts and initial investments are paid off.

^well put.
i had some of the same realizations during the awesome doc.

od and clyw making things happen.

can wait for mine to get here.

When it comes to the price there is one thing I don’t think people are keeping in mind, this is a collaboration. Sure it probably costs One Drop the same amount to machine whether it is a Summit or a Cascade but at the same time the Summit is a joint effort between both companies. If we want to continue to have cool things like this then they need to be profitable for BOTH companies. So adding $15 to the cost to make it a worth while effort for One Drop and CLYW is not too much to ask.

Here is the question I have for all the people kvetching about price. Why is it fine and dandy to pay the premium price for a Side Effect One Drop over their tapped axle offerings but it is outrageous to pay a $15 premium to bring TWO world class companies together?