Check out my NorthStar WOOT! UPDATED

Are you kidding me? I am sorry if you disagree (which you are certainly entitled to do) HOWEVER, i have based my opinion on PERSONAL experience, and can confidently state that EVERY YYF i have ever laid my hands on or bought felt cheap, had bearing/spacer issues, on ALL their plastics i have owned came damaged or cracked, snapped, popped or otherwise broke within a week without “excessive” force or foul play. I could go on, but i dont want to waste my time or yours. My opinion is founded on research and hands on experience, thank you very much.

[quote=“RebelThrow,post:21,topic:21144”]

no, i’m not kidding you.

i’m sorry to hear that your personal experiences have been so terrible. i’d certainly be as jaded as you are if i had the same experiences. but, i stand by my statement. biased means predisposed or based on a preconceived opinion, which is obviously the case. your opinion is based on things you’ve previously experienced. but, “typical” means a representative example of something. if you were to look at the “typical” sample of YoYoFactory’s product, it wouldn’t conform to your “biased” opinions. if the “typical” YYF product was equal to your experiences, they wouldn’t still be in business. the majority of consumers that have purchased their products have positive experiences, hence their market dominance. therefore, sub-par, rushed production is NOT “typical” for YoYoFactory. it’s fairly simple, thank you very much.

1 Like

In order to warrant such accusations, you need more than one person’s experience. Every YYF I have gotten has had no problems. The northstar has proven otherwise but that is a single yoyo. I haven’t seen too many if any threads on many forums that have complained about such things. Just the northstar.

I wonder why people always have these problems with the NorthStar. I’ve tried other ones, hit them super hard many times, and nothing happened. It’s just people expect too much out of them.

Not true. Seems that some of them are just having plastic problems. May be the mix or something. Who know’s. Some were breaking under normal ding free yoyoing.

So did he void a warranty?

I would just contact YYF and see what you can do from there. That probably the best solution at this point.

Imma punch someone if I don’t find out RIGHT MEOW

1 Like

LOL

I e-mailed YYF and they are sending me a new one.

i had contacted yyf on their website and ben on facebook because i bought a white northstar and it cracked and i bought a orange one and that cracked too i contacted ben with a video with both of them wobbling and showing the cracks so i sent it to him on facebook and yyf and they didnt respond back for two weeks tryed again still didnt respond then before that i asked how much yoyo’s cost and when they will come out the day before and he responded and the same day i did the video and the day after i asked a different question and responded back thats bad costumor service he said send him the video and my shipping information saying he will give me 2 free northstars but no reply back i need to file a complainnt.i think he just doesnt want to give away free yoyo’s and he promised 2 free northstars too im mad

oh darn sorry bout ur 2 northstar.
i recently purchased one now i am kinda scared ^^"
don’t feel alone. i e-mailed YYF about a month -2 months ago.
still no reply :\

1.If the cracking was your fault then you should be thankful for them replacing it.

2.YYF has excellent costumer service seen as they are going too replace mine.

UPDATE: YYF had me destroy the broken half of the NorthStar and it was fun.

can i purchase those weight rings?

Sorry i was gonna use them.

how so :wink:

that’s the problem with YYF…

what’s the problem?

my northstar cracked, and they didnt tell me to break mine :smiley:
NORTHSTARS WITH VIBES FTW ! :smiley: lol