Cheatcode - The Ultimate Fingerspin Yoyo! by Brandon Vu and Jeffrey Pang! - Available 4/20/23 - 8pm ET!

Cheat-Code-Extra-3

The Cheatcode yoyo was designed by Jeffrey in 2021 as a way to solve the shortcomings of the SKYVA and all the other yo-yos on the market that used a similar style dimple. After a year of it being abandoned and Jeffrey moving onto other projects, Brandon called him and expressed interest in working on something fun together. Brandon, being heavily involved in the yoyo scene through his media outlets, helped Jeffrey to realize how many new yo-yoers were getting into the hobby, mostly through viral fingerspin tricks. Jeffrey wanted to create a yoyo that brought down the learning barriers by a large margin, so that more kids would stick to yo-yoing and feel empowered in things later in life.

Green-Cheat-Code Green-Cheat-Code-2 Green-Cheat-Code-3

The Cheatcode is an improvement off of Jeffrey’s Skyva design, adding a thumb grind lip and delrin cap with specific slopes that gyroscopically forces the yoyo to wait until a predetermined angle, then “suck” the finger in. This design feature is referred to as Auto Orientation Technology, and it makes the fingerspin easier for beginners. Jeffrey also corrected the “aimless wander” issue the Skyva had, where the dimple would not latch onto the finger and wander around until the yoyo ran out of spin. The Skyva had a perfectly round dimple and although it works well, Jeff realized that having a perfect contour around your finger increases friction. It increases the chance that it touches the grippy flesh part of the finger instead of the lower friction finger nail. When this happens, it greatly reduces spin time.

Cheat-Code-Extra-2

With the Cheatcode yoyo, it has a flat bottomed dimple that does not contour your finger perfectly. It sounds contour intuitive, but It means that only a very small percentage of the fingerspin cap rests on your finger, which greatly reduces friction. Brandon’s contribution was also key to the design, as he wanted the yoyo to be as powerful as possible and suitable for more complicated competition tricks.

Cheat-Code-Extra

Overall, Jeffrey and Brandon wanted the Cheatcode to be a next generation yoyo, pushing the limits of both branding and engineering. The design is a testament to their friendship and their shared passion for yo-yoing, and Jeffrey hopes that their efforts will show through with this design.

19 Likes

Whoa, what a cool concept and execution. Brandon and Jeffrey have done it again!

3 Likes

I might actually learn to dna with this thing.

4 Likes

Loving the weight! Almost 68g!

2 Likes

Amazingness at a good price as well, this one is an original one to have in the collection and around the daily throw case!

2 Likes

So many kids are about to crush a dna now and get hooked on Yoyo…awesome!

This thing literally is a cheat code. I don’t practice finger spins much. They just aren’t really my cup of tea so I’m not the best at them. I landed 5 in a row on my first 5 throws. You can catch it anywhere at any angle and it immediately goes into a perfect finger spin. Also, it plays pretty well as a standard yoyo too.

I think everyone should try it. Someone should make a pay it forward.

2 Likes

Guess the drop is running late.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Cheatcode supports a smaller axel with a half spec bearing to make it responsive?

I’m just curious.