Ceramic bearing is noisy?

I have 1 Dif e yo cearamic bearing, it become noisy so much so I decided clean it. After cleaning, It run well again without lube ( about 20 seconds). Then I lube my bearing with one drop dry lube but It run noisy again and sleep shortly (only 8 seconds)??. Please give me advice, I need it so much. Thank everyone

1 Like

Check this out!
http://dif-e-yo.com/Tech%20Tips.htm

3 Likes

You can also try thin lube, I’ve used that before on ceramics and it works fine. Same disclaimers apply, make sure you use a tiny amount and compressed air spin out any excess.

1 Like

I don’t understand this part. Dry lube doesn’t come in drops, unless you’re talking about "Dark Matter“?

Hi! It is Revolution BB lube (is sold by Store Rewind)

1 Like

OK, it looks to be similar to YYF’s Dark Matter; which is a micro-particle dry lubricant suspension.

I would give it more of a chance to “break in” after application. My guess is that after following the procedure you’ve been using, the bearing will free up, if you just give it a chance.

I suggest you throw hard sleepers, and test the responsiveness. The yo-yo should become less and less responsive, and in a little while you should be good to go. That’s been my experience with dry lubes. Hope this works for you!

2 Likes