Case suggestions?

So my collection exploded recently, (4 new yos within a month) and I don’t have a way to store them all, should I get a hard case? (That big one) or should I get a 4 yo essentials case? I currently have a custom 12 yo case but now I have 16 yos and need help.

4 Likes

Yoyo specific cases are only really useful if you need to transport your yoyos. If you are just looking for ways to store them at home that is better than having them bang on each other in a drawer, there are cheaper/easier options.

For example, I use hardware parts organizers for a lot of storage. They fit most non-oversized throws and keep things separated and safe.

4 Likes

How does that box/organizer work with 58 mm diameter yos?

soft case (leather?) w styrofoam. Minimizes damage to throws.

1 Like

~56 is about the max. A ~58mm throw like the Horizon or Alleycat fits, but hits the lid (though you can close it). That said, this is just one of a million of these sorts of organizers (and honestly, I think this particular one might be discontinued). Just hunt down one with the right dimensions for your throws.

A plastic parts case like I posted isn’t going to damage yoyos when used for storage. Yes, if you are traveling and the case is going to get bounced around or risk dropping etc, get something softer and more protective. But if the case is just sitting on a shelf, in a drawer, or next to a desk, it’ll be fine.

1 Like

I travel with my stuff and am planning to be carrying all of my 16 yos at worlds, when I get back to Ohio I’ll post pics of my current case.

Well, that’s a bit different than “a way to store them all”. You need a way to “carry” them all.

But, easily enough done. If you’ve got money to spend, buy a big case from one of the places selling them. Or if you are on a budget, get a cheap briefcase style aluminum tool case from somewhere like Harbor Freight (or go even cheaper with something like a plastic parts organizer), some foam from Joann/Walmart/Michael’s, and a couple properly sized cans (or run a hole saw backwards).

Folks have been doing it forever and it’s pretty easy. @JakePoole has a video where he builds one in a toolchest style case, but the idea is the same for the briefcase style:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Problem solved lmao

4 Likes