Cascade weight questions!

Hello there! I had a couple questions regarding the weight and distribution of that weight!

1- What is the base weight of the cascade w/o side effects

2- Where is the weight focused

I like the cascade but I was hoping to figure out the weight and where it lies so I can use that info to pick out side effects that position the weight in a way Id like. ;D

The cascade has very wide rims due to the hourglass shape so mostly the whole yoyo is rims, and it weighs 63.9 grams w/o any side effects.

1 Like

The Cascade actually has most of its weight farther into the cup. Itā€™s certainly not ā€œall rimsā€.

2 Likes

Everything you would want to know about the Cascade quoted direct from One Dropā€™s site:

[quote=ā€œda5idā€]Cascade

Our new yo-yo, the Cascade, had some interesting design goals:
*Wide
*Curvy/Organic
*Mid-Size (53 mm)
*Side Effects

It went through three different iterations. Version 1 was a source of contention here at the shop. Everyone disagreed about liking it and some vigorous debate took place. However, we did all agree that it needed changes but we were on the verge of scrapping it.

Justin ā€œVendettaā€ Lotempio was visiting us at the time and convinced us to at least try a revision. Version 2 was much improved and everyone agreed it was an awesome yo-yo that really felt and played different.

Mark Montgomery really liked it and suggested a couple of small tweaks which resulted in version 3. For this revision we smoothed out some areas of the cup and added a touch of rim weight. We went to production with version 3 and are really excited to get this beautiful yo-yo out into the world. It ships with Dome Side Effects.

Enjoy.

Specs:
Base Weight (two halves, response pad, bearing): 63.92 grams
Weight with aluminum Dome Side Effects: 66.90 grams
Width: 45mm
Diameter: 53mm
Stock Response: Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.35mm
Bearing Size: Large Ā© stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Finish: Pyramatte ā„¢
[/quote]

1 Like

Thank you all! This has been very helpful for me!