Caribou Lodge Colorways' Frequency & Consistency of Appearance

OK, so I should prefix the rest of this post by saying that I’m a cynical crotchety old so and so.

Deciding on a colorway and maintaining it from the very beginning of a new company for a longstanding company like CLYW can clearly become problematic. Equally some new colorways are cool, I like the Electric Bacon. But the cynical bit of me is trying to figure out the business angle here. Introducing an ‘old’ collectible colorway on a late run ensures that those people who bought early run throws will likely buy another. I’m not saying this is what happens, I have absolutely no evidence to support this, but it is a strategy. If this isn’t currently being used as a strategy, the Chris should almost certainly employ it :wink: Of course, for a fee :slight_smile: (jks) And I would have absolutely no hard feelings about companies doing something like this, it only makes sense.

On a more serious note the colorway choices from CLYW have intrigued me too TA. For example the original run of the BVM2 being only in two colors. And the first GE run being in several new colors and not many older colorways. My guess it is literally comes down to what is available, how many throws are being produced, what tickles Chris’ fancy, and cost. I’m guessing that keeping colorways simple, or limited on early runs may keep costs down until public opinion has decided how popular a throw is going to be. It seems like a sound stratagem. To someone with no business acumen whatsoever like me.