Candy Dice are now at YoYoExpert!

Candy Dice are 5A (freehand) counterweights designed by 2001 World Champion and 5A pioneer Shingo Terada. Until the introduction of Candy Dice, there were too few counterweight options, and Shingo decided to do something about it. Candy Dice unique grooved design allow you to switch between 5A to 1A without even taking the string off the yo-yo. And they offer several different shapes and size options to suit your 5A needs!

Original:

The Originals are the first Candy Dice made as Shingo “”Terry”" Terada’s signature model! A new kind of counterweight that makes it easier than before to install and remove a counterweight from your yo-yo string. Now, you can just wrap the finger hole of the string around the creatively designed grooves in the Candy Dice. Now it’s super easy to switch strings or even play counterweight with multiple yo-yos in a row.

Comet:

The Candy Dice Comet is a new shape, a new material, and a new system all rolled into one new model. Designed to give players the “ultimate performance” for their 5A play, the new Candy Dice Pro Comet features a bearing system to control string tension and even lets you even control the weight by switching bearings!

DK:

The Candy Dice Pro DK is designed as a signature model for Daigo Komiya. It features a softer material and a more compact design built for high speed moves and technical 5 play.

Ninja:

Candy Dice Pro Ninja are the signature model of Yoshihiro Abe, the 5A champion of the Asia-Pacific Yo-Yo Contest! The Candy Dice Pro Ninja has a hole running through it, allowing you to run the string through for a more secure fit. If you’re getting into high-energy counterweight tricks, you don’t have to worry about the dice flying off the string.

PK:

Candy Dice Pro PK is a larger size built as a signature model for Petr Kavka. These Candy Dice are 25mm x 25mm and offer a nice alternative to the original without being too large.

R7:

The Candy Dice Pro R7 was built as a signature model for Kazuma Miyakawa. It is one of the faster playing Candy Dice with a focus on ease of control.

UNKLE:

The Candy Dice Pro Unkle is the signature model designed by 5A creator Steve Brown aka Uncle Steve. This is the biggest Candy at 27mm x 27mm and is built for a more flowy style of play.

Releasing Thursday 8/27 @ 10AM EDT.

3 Likes

Are those prototypes? Is that why I see layer lines?

Not prototypes, but they are 3D printed.

$11 for home 3D printed counterweights.

Gee, I should look into doing that instead!

8 Likes

Interesting note on the product descriptions about them possibly coming apart and needing to be re-glued. Does that happen often with these, or only when they smack something really hard?

For those that didn’t see, this is what I’m referring to from the description:

Note:To achieve the particular play feel that we were looking for, Candy Dice is made up of three parts that are attached with glue. After many rounds of prototypes and testing, we found that this 3-part design achieved a much better play feel than if we were to make it as a single piece. This, however, comes with the slight downside that the sections may come apart.
If one of the parts comes off, you can reattach it with a little bit of glue and it should be as good as new!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the structural integrity of these much. I’ve used an original for quite some time with many many serious impacts with no issue. I definitely think candy dice is just being extra careful with the warning in the rare case it does happen.
Definitely a well made product!

4 Likes

Just typed in the search #candydice on IG and found this. Looks like this was the post that inspired them to create the disclaimer. I’m not a huge fan of the 3D printed look, but it seems like people are enjoying them.

2 Likes