Can the U.S. still receive packages from overseas?

Just what the title says. Will you guys still receive packages from Australia with everything that is going on?

5 Likes

hmm… maybe i should buy something, and find out. not an excuse to buy another yoyo… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll let you know in the next day or two. I’ve got a box coming from Australia that says it just left for the states :wink:

4 Likes

I just got a package of bearings from china last week. I had ordered them a month ptior.

4 Likes

Corona virus! :wink:

1 Like

One source, “you probably don’t need to worry about getting coronavirus from the packages you’re ordering, but here’s what you can do to be sure”. See https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-risk-from-packages-how-to-clean-if-you-want-2020-3

2 Likes

You will. I have multiple packages coming from outside and they are all in transit. And they’ll reach unless there’s restriction on cargos too

3 Likes

I’ve got packages from Japan, Indonesia, The Philippines , and Singapore over the past week or 2. Haven’t had a problem, but I wouldn’t order anything from China, cause it might get quarantined for a year.

1 Like

I think items have to be submerged in a bucket of hand cleaner and packed in the box with face masks instead of bubble wrap.

3 Likes

Thats how im sending all my packages any way. But I hermetically seal all my boxes too as an extra precaution.

1 Like

where are you finding all those hermits agreeing to be shipped with your yo-yos though?

3 Likes

I have your bloodcell coming in that just left Australia today, and two lightsabers LITERALLY FROM WUHAN CHINA arriving today. The sabers are coming DHL so results may vary, but I don’t see why we wouldn’t get them. Perhaps a delay due to lower staffing in customs facilities and general transportation chains.

2 Likes

Our local Church is full of em and theyre are just dying to get out and about regardless of the current pandemic. Initially I did found it hard getting them in the box but I worked it out.:wink:

2 Likes

your dedication to your craft is admirable @zerocool, bravo!

im afraid id be refusing the lightsabers at the door. Or maybe 10 feet down the drive.

2 Likes

Nah I’ve been waiting a WHILE for them. Also Me and my wife both work in a contact center of like 500 people, and today is my first work from home day. If we were gonna get it, we got it.

2 Likes

Thank you Eric. I try my best…

1 Like

I damn well hope so in order to receive my new yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise im pretty sure that trade is still open. However I just ordered some stuff on Amazon, and the shipping guarantee has been delayed a bit, so perhaps it will take longer than usual.

1 Like

As far as I’ve heard, the US is still receiving goods from overseas, and according to the CDC, it’s not likely that you’ll get coronavirus through a package, esp given how long it takes for things to ship internationally.

Edit: TL;DR coronaviruses don’t seem to survive well on surfaces period and especially in the conditions packages are exposed to.

Edit 2: But obvs exercise caution and disinfect packages and wash your hands to be extra safe.

I posted from the UK today and they are still shipping to the US and the US is still receiving shipments as of now, Ive been informed, albeit things might take a little longer than usual.

1 Like