Can anyone identify this string?

1221181540 Can anyone help me identify who makes this string? Green with a touch of purple. Any help appreciated.

It looks like an Airetec to me, which means it is nylon … some ways to tell nylon:

• singe it with a fire and it will stink like crazy as Nylon does
  • see if it’s super slippery in play as nylon tends to be
  • cut it and see if it gets super mega fuzzed out (assuming wooly nylon)

This is the only test needed, don’t burn nylon and smell it. You’ll get cancer. Polyester does not fuzz out the way that nylon does

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking Airetic, the end is super fussed. I figured you’d know, it came w this beauty of a half swap. It plays great thats why I was wondering so I could order some more. You threw in several different types so I might have to get the others identified if they play as well as this one. Thanks again

I said “singe” not “burn” :wink:

I like to do that to the end of strings so they don’t fray all over the place in a sloppy manner.

You can’t “singe” cotton though that stuff straight up catches on fire. :fire:

If you like that string, you should look into getting more wooly nylon strings. I personally did not care for airetec at all – mega mega slippery.

I really dig it man

1 Like

Also I remembered the name of that string color… “necrotic” … a bit morbid if you ask me!

Haha, doesn’t paint a very nice mental picture does it? I think I’ll check out the string making thread here and maybe try my hand. I have some nylon strings, but nothing that compares to that one. Might hit up ole Smiley if I need some tips

2 Likes