Can any trick be performed horizontally?

Was thinking about this earlier. Obviously human skill wouldn’t allow it, but hypothetically, is there any trick that truly couldn’t be done horizontally? I’m thinking in terms of physics, assuming perfect conditions, perfect skill and execution.

Whips should still be possible. Anything trapeze based. Even hops like on spirit bomb should be possible given enough speed on the yoyo assuming it only hits the string for a second.

I guess the only thing that comes to my mind is finger spin tricks. But wouldn’t even those be possible if the yoyo has a full size cup?

Nope

2 Likes

Do Walk The Dog on his side!! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think that would be called a wall ride

3 Likes

Nope

2 Likes

Rock the baby

Jensen did this kind of horizontal rock the baby in his wyyc 2010 fs (skip to 3:03)

2 Likes

I’m not really big on answering questions with questions. It in this instance I will make an exception.

Firstly; an obvious fact. There are some pretty awesome players(currently active) that can do some pretty amazing horizontal tricks.

And several of them are perpetually pushing the envelope on evolving horizontal style tricks.

If ‘any trick’ could be done horizontally; why wouldn’t we already see the Top horizontal players converting both front and side style tricks to horizontal?

Just to show it could be done.

PS… to just directly answer your question with my personal opinion; I would say; without hesitation…No.

1 Like

My guess is in the near future people will combine horizontal with crazy slack tricks.

In the past slack tricks was “slow” to show the beauty of the loop of every trick. But recently people start to do those crazy, fast, complicated slack tricks. That’s why I think the possibility to combined slack and horizontal.

1 Like

said the guy who did a freaking horizontal injection. :joy:

1 Like

That is called dizzy baby.

2 Likes

Ah so that’s what it’s called… Rock the baby going next level lol :rofl:

1 Like

Or throw the baby from the cradle. I’m sure there are several other names for that trick as well.

But what I was getting at is that rock the baby uses a pendulum effect that I don’t think could be replicated horizontally without altering the trick (exactly how JK did).

2 Likes

Ah yeah! In that aspect i agree! :+1:

Although I would love to see someone prove me wrong, I just think good ol physics will prevail here.

1 Like

This is a really old video but it’s got some similar stuff to what you are saying. I kept hitting the string though.

5 Likes

I know what I’m trying when I get home!

2 Likes

That injection would not have worked on a normal axis bc of gravity, the string was only taught bc it was horizontal

2 Likes

I will send 5 USD to whoever can do an actual horizontal boingy boingy. (Not the mach 5 mounted one that Mickey does which is cool but not a true boingy boingy.)

3 Likes

How many reps?:thinking:

1 Like