Can a bad beadblast cause vibe?

Does anyone know if a beadblast can cause vibe? Getting an E=mc^2 in the mail and it has a bit of vibe apparently. I assume most of it is axle related and I’m sending it to Landon to fix it, but I was just curious if the BB could be the cause of some of it. The trader mentioned that the BB is imperfect and causes the yoyo to sparkle in places.

If it is a cause of vibe can it be corrected?

If the beadblast was unevenly done, yes it could cause vibe.

You would have to strip it and have it done over for you to get rid of the vibe if that was the reason it happens.

Could be the axle though.

Let us know!

You’d have to get pretty crazy with the beads to get it to vibe.

Are you sure the blast wasn’t a cover up for something else. Like a bad raw job or polish gone bad?

When I blast I use very fine material on relatively low pressure and just enough to remove the ano. I also rotate the workpiece while blasting to help with even blasting.

1 Like

Well it is raw and blasted. As long as I can correct it it’s not a big deal. I know the axle is a major source of the vibe. I was just hoping I wouldn’t have to fix a bad BB, too. well, I was planning on getting it reano’d anyways…

My dad always said “if it doesn’t work at least make it look good”.

Didn’t most E=MC^2s have vibe?

Unless it was a really coarse bead and they left it on one side for way too long, NO, a bead blast will not cause vibe. And if it did a new bead blast will not fix it. it would need to be re-turned on a lathe. My guess is it’s mostly in the axle.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I’ll just wait to see what it’s like after Landon fixes the axle issue. I’m sure it’ll be mostly smooth but I’m a little bit weird about vibe. Especially if I’m trading my Sleipnir for it.

Landon fixed the Axle problem and it’s a bit smoother. Still very vibey and very visible. What Landon said is whoever is machining these is making the bearing post off center. Honestly, I’m pretty upset about it because I like the feel but the vibe is ruining it for me. Also, I traded pretty heavy for this thing. You win some you lose some I guess.

Probably what bothers me the most is that people are paying top dollar for these and they’re being marketed as the best of the best. Yet you have someone out there making terrible machining mistakes. All while the disclaimer states that any vibe is probably caused by the player not being responsible. From what I understand this only occurs with newer YYR and most of the older versions are very smooth.

Anyways, I’m ranting. Maybe venting is a better word. I could be totally wrong. Maybe this one is a B grade and the previous owner didn’t know.

P.S. If you have a smooth E=Mc^2 or Acrophobia hit me up. Maybe we can work out a deal :wink:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?topic=44900

Just Searched emc2 because i was trying to find you one. 1st result…

Wow! Mine’s totally a B-Grade. I just need to get my hands on an A grade one now.