Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

You asked, you got it.

Duncan 100% Polyester || D (64/100)

I expected the worst string ever from what you all said, but it’s actually pretty decent. I also did not plan the D for Duncan. First off, I can see why this is bulk. It wasted away like normal bulk string, felt average, played average. The texture at the beginning was weird and a little bit like Kapow where you can feel everything, but it got fine (reminder to rereview YYSL). The sweet spot was from the 15-40 minute mark, then it goes away. It honestly played pretty well, almost comparable to worn in kitty string. Slacks weren’t good at holding shape even at the beginning, and weren’t very fast like some other, more “slacky” string. Whips were surprisingly good! Given the slack quality I would expect bad whips, but no! Tension hold was kinda averagely bad, and consistency was just kind of a weird catagory for this one. I always feel like it’s the black sheep of the rankings because it’s a mix of “how often can i hit this assuming i do the same thing”, “how does it feel in the air”, and mainly “how long does it stay the same”, which is REALLY subjective. I just kind of gave it a 5/10. Also, the thickness was great when it was fresh, but it started getting snaggy already by the hour which is not good to feel or see or hear or whatever. Contrary to popular belief, I think there’s potential in the perfect stages I mentioned. I’d use this if it was really on sale or if you got it with a yoyo. Or whip practice! For the first few minutes at least. stats below.

Durability 30 min (3.5) looks worse than it is
Durability 1 hr (3.5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4.5) WOWO
Whip Feel Break-In (4)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5) waow
Slack Feel Break-In (3.5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (2) i feel blind
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (2.5)
Softness during break-in (2.5) just string
Overall consistency over 1 hour (2.5) eh, slacks didn’t help this
Total: 32 x 2 = 64, 64 = D graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

i’ll aim for the kitty whip review to be next if i manage

14 Likes