C3YoyoDesign Radius Nexus Review

The Nexus is an excellent yoyo.

When I bought it, I was expecting an extremely speedy throw, given Shion Araya’s style, but the Nexus has a surprising amount of control for such a shape and design. It actually plays relatively slow in its baseline state, but can easily be pushed to go faster with minimal effort. While the Radius Nexus doesn’t have the highest angle of first contact or the widest shape, this really doesn’t hinder horizontal even at my rather basic gerbil combo. Because of the polished gap, the string almost never snags or ufos with mistakes unless you are really asking it to, and this makes for forgiving practice sessions. The sensation of a 63 gram yoyo moving around but not being twitchy is highly unusual, and the other design elements like the modest amount of mid weight in the cup combined with all the other design elements make the Radius Nexus play “tight”. If you can do a trick really precise, this yoyo will work with you. Shion is a precise player, so this really does make sense.

One thing the description doesn’t mention is that the Radius Nexus ships with a concave bearing, making it ready for the very highest levels of competitive play right out of the box, if you are the type to use concave bearings in yoyos you plan to compete with (I have done so for all of my competitions), this is a very nice bonus. They also shipped the Radius Nexus with an extra set of clear silicone pads, which is also really nice. One minor criticism is that the finish seems rather thin, but this is really such a small thing that I didn’t really even think it was worth mentioning in the review I posted on the store.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Radius Nexus, and would recommend one if you are interested in a very lightweight, competitive yoyo.

6 Likes

Thanks. Been looking forward to read a review of the radius nexus. You may have convinced me to get one. Which color did you get?

1 Like

Rose gold.

3 Likes

Got the same color. Couldn’t resist. Throws great! Plus it comes with extra pads. More stable than my 2017 krown and the catch zone is quite forgiving despite its profile. The bearing is so smooth and quiet.

2 Likes