Buying my first metal....kinda

Well I’m 24, I used to throw an x-brain or something in middle school but never really got into it. I seen a mosquito at walmart and and my buddy, Josey McCormick, showed me to breakaway and bind and I’ve been mainlining yoyo since. Bought a metal drifter and learned everything on the tut section here with it. I got a protostar about 2 months ago and I’m so so so so happy with it’s performance. So i’m about 6 months in and i’m drooling over some of the metals out. Ok Ok enough about me let me spit out some specs.

1. weight 68-65
  2. dia. 50 (idk it seems small) i’m thinking like 52-54 a little smaller than my proto maybe. but 50 seems kinda small.
  3. I like wide…nothing under 40, but not like severance wide…
  4. H-shape is the one i have most experience with. but i’m open to everything.
  5. NOTHING splash or acid wash I hate those colors and i’ve found yoyos i like that I can’t find without it.
  6. MUST be able to accept flowable silicone. I’m broke and buying stickers sucks for me a tube of silicone lasts forever…
  7. no hubstacks…no weird gimmicky stuff…I just want a beast mode 1A yoyo that can grind
    Ok…here is what’s i’ve been looking at lately. YYF Augie Fash’s Boss.
    OneDrop MarkMontNext (seems heavy…) OneDrop Y-Factor. YYF MVP, CLYW Sasquatch (if i can find in stock anywhere) SPYY Punchline, SPYY Addiction. and been looking at the 3yo3 models lately too…I really like superstar and skyline but i HATE the whole hubstack thing.

My style isn’t very fast although I like to make certain parts of my freestyles fast and others slow. So something that can be pushed fast would be nice. Was thinking something super stable with a little hang time. Something that holds a good loop for suicides etc. I’ve also had a little problem with tilt while in tricks (probually my technique) so something that is easy to correct tilt on is good. I do alot of kwijibo type hop tricks and alot of spirit bomb mount type tricks. I haven’t learned to grind really yet. My proto seems to hate grinding and my drifter is dinged to hell and back :wink: sorry it’s like a page long, I typed faster than my brain will work.

Out of the ones you mentioned I’ve only played the BOSS but I can say it matches your criteria almost completely. It does take a bit of practice with it to harness the tilting I noticed. I’m not a great player and it only took me a day or two of using it and I was okay.

why would the markmont seem heavy? Don’t let other people make you believe what they say, I’m lovin my markmont. Onedrop is awesome.

This is so going as my quote.

But just to give my opinion I have heard very good things about the BOSS. And any of those yo-yos would be a great choice.

The boss would be great, the genesis is also in the same price range as the boss. The Genesis is great for grinds, H shaped, and it has a lot of rim weight for a long sleeper.
Specs
Diameter: 56 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 43mm / 1.69 inches
Response System: YoYoFactory K-Pad (Slim Pad)
Weight: 65.7 grams
Bearing Size: [Large] - Size C (SPEC Bearing)
[Small] - Size A (SPEC Bearing)
Kpads will accept flowable.

Think about a Yuuksta maybe :wink:

The yyf boss would be perfect