Buying a 66% Sleipnir, some one talk me out of it

I am so tempted to pick up one of these 66% Sleipnir.

to match my current one which is one of my favourite yoyos so far.

But it’s $95!!! For something that could possibly be a gimmick.

Someone talk me out of it!
Or convince me to pull the trigger.

:joy:

5 Likes

Do it!

Buy now…think later!!

3 Likes

#BadInfluence

pull the trigger d*** it! if you don’t like it, i’m pretty sure you can return it. @YoYoExpertGarrett can confirm though.

2 Likes

I am imagining when my son is a little older, him using a 66%, and me on a matching full size side by side.

3 Likes

haha I was thinking the exact same thing earlier! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh for what it’s worth it was my son’s birthday yesterday. Now 2 years old. :slight_smile:

We got him a scooter for his present. No yoyos though :joy: he destroys the house already as it is without the help of plastic wrecking balls.

9 Likes

Awww! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

now he can scoot away from the crime scene easily.

3 Likes

So here’s the thing…
I don’t think you’re really going to use the 66% much and might end up regretting it down the line. It’s a LOT of money for a yoyo that’s just going to sit around collecting dust.
It’d be different if you were a collector and would be happy to just have a yo to have it…but I don’t see that with you. You want yos you love and want to play.

I wish it were a bit cheaper.
I say pass for now.
That’s just my honest opinion.

3 Likes

i thought you were going for “you aren’t going to enjoy it, so you should give it to me!” :joy:

4 Likes

Well this was him on his first time on a scooter :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve tried to own non-green yos in the past.
I quickly found out I have an allergy.
This thing would make me break out in severe hives!

3 Likes

do you own any non-green yoyos?

2 Likes

Sadly yes :frowning: lol a MYY Node and Deserado…as well as a couple of butterfly XTs and Pro Zs.

/feels ashamed

3 Likes

It’s good I hear for allergies a little bit at a time might help reduce the severity.

2 Likes

I’d like your comment.
But I wont.

Please stop being a #BadInfluence on me.

lol :stuck_out_tongue: :heart:

2 Likes

lol stick to your green bois :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In about an hour i expect to see this in the latest impulse buy… delayed impulse.

Actually ive been thinking about the 66%edge for a while for the same reason.

4 Likes

So in my view: you may like it or you may not like it, no one knows, not even yourself! And as your string thread (ooo) indicated, even if you don’t like it now you may like it in the future, and vice versa. And if you don’t like it, will your kid like it?

There’s a lot of unknowns here! But there’s one known value, that is the cost of discovering all the other unknown values. That’s right, for $95 you will find out if you like it or not and if you or your kid will in the future. In the grand scheme of things, that’s not a lot, is it?

FYI this is the kind of argument I use to convince my wife of any big yoyo purchase I make. Unless she can place a value on all the other unknown values I mentioned, which she can’t.

5 Likes