But... that wasn't the trick! (when non-yoyoers observe)

Ooo, I want to learn this one now. :slight_smile: Know of any videos (either tutorial or a straight-up yoyo video) showing this? I suck at visualizing.

Another simple trick that astounds: Plastic Whip. Especially if you do it kind of fast instead of slow and loopy. “Bam, the yoyo is suspended from one hand. What? When he throws it out, it comes back?” Fun times. But then we’re in the territory of tricks that impress rather than “non tricks that seem like tricks”.

The popping out to fix a missed GT is something I can visualize. Alas, when I miss a GT I usually have to kind of wiggle my hands around and pass the yoyo through a loop; not much slick popping going on over here. Must to work on it!

I cannot claim to be anywhere near advance tricks, I am just at the intermediate tricks on the list here YYE, I have been throwing at my office and my colleges have been all like WOOOOwww. and all i can really do is split bot mount to either Atomic Bomb, or Mach 5, or ripcord. and normal front bind. and then you get the typical, can you walk the dog?

still fun, I will have my throw ready to go and get few brain twisters in while i wait for my Revit file to load. or Sync.

I find Eli Hops, Gyro Flop, picture tricks, binds, slacks, suicides, lacerations, and horizontal get the best reaction from “yuggles.” The tech stuff just doesn’t get the “ooh’s and aah’s” as well, in my experience. It’s also funny, like you guys have said already, when you get reactions at what seem like odd times, like when you mess up, or while Washing Off. :smiley:

All i usualy get from yuggles is, (cause i dont usualy start throwing simple,) “can you do walk the dog?”
“can you do rock the baby”
“how does it spin so long?”
Only once have i had someone say that it was cool and that they had a friend that was really good. i love the name yuggles BTW

ill try to make a simple tutorial tonight if i have time

The fact that you can manipulate the yoyo is amazing to those who don’t have the skill …

Same thing goes for playing an instrument… I play bass… i’m sure as heck no technical bassmaster wiz player but i can play. The fact that I can make music alone is enough to wow people that aren’t musicians.

it’s all perspective my friends

This. I tried to mix it up a bit by doing different styles, but the only one that seemed to impress people was 4A. They thought it was diabolo, and I tried to explain how it was different, but they didn’t understand. Yuggles. ::slight_smile:

When I just do an absent-minded trapeze and basic bind, there are still a lot of people who will just stare at me like I’m a magician. It gets a little annoying when people are impressed by literally my most simple “tricks”, but I suppose it’s good that I’m impressing people. XD

None of my friends know I messed up unless I say “expletive deleted.” So remember not to say that. :wink:

1 Like