BST Etiquette

I see where you are coming from with this, but I have been on the forum for a little less than a year, and I haven’t even hit 200 posts. I feel that there isn’t necessarily a need to improve the site, but a need for people to accept how it is, and not try to go for a full overhaul. This site is amazing, and I enjoy this site; although I haven’t been apart of the trading scene as much, I do get where all these posts come from as just last year, I was the kid who asked my parents, and ended up letting people down. We don’t need to overhaul the forums or the site, we just need to make a bigger effort at improving things for ourselves and hoping they spread. Think about it in the terms of a plant. If we plant a seed of a fun, entertaining, and positive environment, we need to keep it up. Lately all of the posts have been downright negative, and we need to stop complaining as much, when we could just as well be trying to solve the problems. Once we plant the seed, we need to nurture it, and keep it growing, which is sadly one of the things that we have lacked on lately as a community. We are all guilty of the negativity, but at the same time, we can all be guilty for the positivity that we want to create on this site. I hate to say it, but getting rid of scammers will not get rid of the problem the way it seems to be wanted. We need to make the site the way we want it, and YYE taking a step to fix the BST would only help, but there are things we can do as individuals, and I think that is something we should take from this post. I am not saying that anyone is wrong in anyway, as all of these ideas will only create a higher quality experience for those on the forum, but I am saying that we need to stop complaining and act on our ideas.
Those are just my two cents, and I think that all of us together would be able to make a better forum if we act on the words that we are saying, instead of only saying and not doing.
Btw, sorry for the rant

It all really depends on the person themselves. In the past I’ve considered offering on yoyos on the BST, but due to poor feedback, I’ve held back. In a world where scamming and cheating the system are prevalent, you really do have to be careful who you interact with. It’s a shame but its the truth. Hey, I’m only 14, I only have a couple feedback, all positive, and they are all where I’m the buyer. To be honest, trading seems too risky, and if I want to sell a throw, it goes right up on eBay. It’s true some kids are irresponsible. When it comes to buying, selling, and trading, the account holder should have final say in what happens, not their parents. Although I’m only 14, I control what I do on these forums. In life you have to learn to take responsibility, and if you say you’ll make a deal, stay committed to that deal. That’s all.

I sometimes think that “my parents won’t let me ship” is often ust another way of saying “I’ve changed my mind and want to back out”. Before putting things up for sale or offer a trade, maybe clear the idea with the parents first. If not, like mrciurleo said, take responsibility and stay committed to the deal.

Yuki

Just hit me who you are, I think.

You are a strange animal my friend. I don’t change my name like you do so you have zero weight with anything.

If you’d like I can show everyone our conversation and then how you ran away with a block of me. That is typical immature behavior.

Curious, do you have any negative feedback on YYN?

If anything the quiz should just be questions regarding the rules

something along the lines of

“Is it required to post pics” Yes/No
“Is it required to ship using a box” Yes/No

Stuff like that so they at least prove that they know the rules and if they break them it’s being disregarded on purpose

1 Like

Conner is a bit"twitchy" so tread cautiously or he may change into another form.

Maybe start the age restriction rule now. And if they have a good amount of feedback then they are accepted through. I’m 14 and I have 100% 70 positive feedback. I’ve been selling on my dad’s eBay account since age 10. Everyone calls me the entrepreneur lol.

I wholeheartedly agree. And, the test would not allow them to proceed, unless it was passed with 100% correct score. The rules are currently in a stickied thread that is hardly ever read. This way, the rules would pop up in front of their face, and they have to answer correctly each question to even browse for BST yo-yos in the first place. This, in conjunction with the days/posts requirement would cut down on issues. Nothing will stop it, but I think things would improve.

I quite like this idea. I think something like this in conjunction with a 100 post, 100 day rule (or whatever other number, I’ve seen anywhere from 30/30 to 200/200) ought to smooth things out a little bit and make life easier for the moderators and the rest of us. I imagine that a lot of the moderators’ work is taking down BST listings that don’t follow protocol.

There’s no way we’re ever going to completely eradicate scammers and less than dilligent traders but I think it’s a step in the right direction.

Yuki

What about 50 days, 20 thank you’s? Posts are easy to get. I just got one right now. But a thank you is a bit more difficult. You have to actually, like, be helpful.

A quiz is a good step. I find a lot of problems r faces cuz they don’t know the rules.

It’s completely irrelevant and unrelated. Let it go. Literally everyone else has.

Lets stay on topic here.

Not that I am aware of or can recall. Its been awhile since YYN was shut down.

Funny you say that after bringing it up first. The kind of crazy you are dealing with here people.

BEWARE!!!

What I said was not irrelevant. I was using your behavior as an example of what needs to be stopped in the community. How butthurt you are over it is not my problem.

Coo-koo coo-koo!!

I am not against age restrictions, but I feel that it should not be an exclusive ban. For example, I am 15, yet I am completely professional in trades. I feel there should be a way to allow people like me and other good traders my age. I’m not sure how that could be done, perhaps somebody else could brainstorm an idea.

1 Like

A simple rating system based on feedback or activity should suffice.

Different ratings would lead to grouping by proficiency or something to that effect. Newbs and crappy traders would need to earn their way up the ladder. Set some guidelines as to how this would need to be achieved. Till you get to a level you would be unable to transact in certain aspects.

Like the rest of the adult world works their way up the ladder. Instead of a free for all.

1 Like

Could you expand on this more? The possible drawback I see here is the for people like myself. I do not trade very much, but I have proven to be professional and reliable in my trades. I feel restricting me or those like me from trading just because we do not trade extremely often. A common phrases is quality over quantity, and I feel this has application in the BST also.