Broken Raider (overtightened?)

Hi everybody, I got a lot off of eBay and in it was Raider and it will not unscrew. The two halves move when I twist it but, it doesn’t open at all. I suspect it was overtightened at some point and now is it stuck like that. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is the case or is there any way to open it and maybe get it working again.

Thanks in advance!

Raiders have a nut embedded in the shell that the axle screws into. No doubt it’s loose inside from over tightening. There’s not a lot you can do for it. You can try to pry the caps off. They are sonically welded but can be removed if you work at it. Or you could drill a hole in the caps and try to glue it in.

So instead of twisting it apart like one would be able to do normally, should I try to pull the two halves apart? And if so is it already useless since it is stripped?

Yes, pulling while twisting on the shells may help to get it apart but it’s iffy at best.

Yeah, that’s what you get with eBay. By the way in the same lot there was an overtighten Xodus that I can see the cracks from the sides, a Saber Raider that was missing a metal spacer ( I think that is what it is called), and a stripped Duncan Butterfly. Only useable one was a Fireball.

Drill a small hole in the middle of the cap, then glue the nut onto the plastic and hope it unscrew. Most likely there is crack on the plastic part that holds the nut.
When it happens to me, it’s usually trashed, I have never been able to fix it without making any hole.

Thanks for all the help guys, I figure I can try drilling it at some point but I have others so I won’t need to bother right now. I’m more dissapointed about the Xodus because there is no way to fix it the way it is built, but I guess it might still be ok for 4A. I will always be paranoid about overtightening/cross threading/stripping!