Brand loyalty.

But why limit yourself? Although I agree with you that it is none of his buissnes, but yoyoing isn’t like other things where one or two brands dominate and the rest suck, in yoyoing they akk have something different to offer, and by being brand loyal you are really missing out.

I agree, from a logical perspective it makes more sense to shop around but we rarely purchase based on logic and it’s usually based on emotions. This same logic can be applied to so many things in life already but people still tend to pick a brand they prefer.

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of different hotel brands but people that travel often usually have a preference of which hotel they’d like to stay in. Many times they’re willing to pay much more to stay in that hotel because they have already tied emotional pleasure to the brand. I see this all the time because I work in the hospitality industry (which is why I used this as an example).

We need to understand that what suits US doesn’t mean it will suit EVERYONE else around us. If it makes you happy to shop around, then by all means, do it… but don’t assume that it is what’s best for everyone.

meh, get whatever looks cool. doesn’t reallllly matter where it’s from.

I have to say that YYF makes great promotional videos. If other company’s did that, it might work in their favor hah.

I rarely ever buy yo-yos but when I do it’s always something that just plain interests me.

The first yo-yo I bought was a Yoyojam. Then I got a Legacy as a prize. The next one I bought was a PGM. After that was a Dv888. Duncan Metal Drifter, Then got a Yomega Maverick as a gift. Bought a yoyojam at Nats, and then a Rec Rev.

I try not to limit myself to a brand. The thing about me is that I buy cheap and smartly. I only buy a yo-yo that has the quality for the price. That YYJ and that Rec Rev fit the criteria (Also, the Chaser was a pre-release and thought I’d pick one up just to say I have one.) I do have a slight preference to YYJ but that’s due to the fact that the Speedmaker was the first yo-yo I bought with my own money.

Same with my friend at school. He’s a yo-yoer who has only YYF. He has a Velocity, Popstar, and JK. He doesn’t limit himself when it comes to playability but he buys YYF because of their B-grade policy and the fact that they made low price metals that one run. Can’t help himself.

My friend Henry though, he started with a YYJ. At nats, only looked a YYJ because he thought that it was an awesome brand and wanted to stay loyal. Convinced him to walk around and directed him to SPYY. He bought a b-grade Striker. He uses it as his main throw now. The DM of his does get some love.

In other words… broaden your horizons.

I try to. Because of my <$50 price range, it’s hard to experiment. I have duncan yoyojam and yoyofactory, something I’m trying to change over the holidays.

Great post… You’ve made it real easy for me to decide the next throw I’m buying

Leave it to studio to leave response 3 times longer than the actually post. I agree though. I don’t think limiting yourself to one company makes you a bad person, but it doesn’t seem practical.

Ummm, check out the rules. :-[

Mod edit: The post this was replying to has been removed.
-jhb8426-

i like turtles

Woops. ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

I dont get it

Me neither. I’m failing to see where the possible issue may have been to start the whole “check the rules” angle.

I think a person may have posted a post, which then got responded to, and was then deleted. Thus causing mass hysteria.

1 Like

http://www.wickedfood.co.za/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/deep-fried-tofu.jpg

Not you!

Edit: willnick123 Is who it was directed at. (spam)

Oh. Well, my post was breaking the rules too anyway.

i throw yoyo factory because thats just the yoyos that look nice to me, the first thing i threw other then yoyofactory was a dark magic and i was so pleased with it. I might get a northstar or protostar due to the fact they are cheap tho. I’ve been wanting a caribou or ilyy or something way out of my price range but eventually i will have one in my grasp!