Boingy Boing (Need help)

The Silenus is an excellent yoyo. Any trick can take quite a bit of time to master and sometimes a year or longer. The best advice I can give you is try learning several tricks so you have more than one thing to work on.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble with flying saucer (LOL) i can make it wobble, just geting it back… it never does.

I can do:

The sleeper (and bring it back up)
Throw down, then go back up right away.
Forward Pass
Side to side right to left
Walk the dog
Elevator
Rock the baby
Blast off but i cant let it land in my pocket yet… just catching it with my hand (working on this)
Around the world towards
Around the world backwards
Side to Side left to right
Elevator with string on the back
backwards forward pass.
Upward pass.
Going fishing.

Got some easy things to play with while trying boingy boing.

4 Likes

Nice. Know how to bind already?

1 Like

I’m more focused on the boingy boing, im shure after i get that i wont learn anything else.

Good job to everybody who can do it.

2 Likes

The Silenus is an unresponsive yoyo meaning no getting it back to your hand with a tug. That yoyo will feel so awesome that you will want to learn different things.

Here’s a super easy way to bind.

1 Like

Learning to bind will keep you from having to constantly manually wind the yoyo and will give you much more time to practice your beloved Boings!

2 Likes

It’s the best advanced yoyo trick ive ever seen… hence why i made this name. I wan’t it really bad.

Looks like almost everybody on this site who tried to learn this trick got it, this one person said it took 5 years to get lol

Great video… the first one looks doable. Never seen anybody use the yoyo with there left hand either.

1 Like

Have you seen Mach 5 yet? When I was a beginner that was my favorite trick. Still think to this day it looks hella cool and impresses people… not too much more to it if you have boingy halfway down

1 Like

You need a wide, unresponsive yoyo. I would recommend the the magicyoyo N12 if you want cheap. They are like 16 bucks, and have a good wide catch area to make it easier to land the trick.

If you want to spend more money, I would get something even wider, like the shutter wide edition. The wider the yoyo, the easier it will be to catch, and the faster you will learn it.

1 Like

Didn’t see it yet… im more grounded on the boingy boing. Once i saw it, no other trick matters to me to try and learn.

I guess I will try that magic or shutter if i dont get it on the silenus (LOL) Don’t need anymore yoyos.

I should be able to get it on the silenus, it looks more wider then the XT and probably sleeps longer.

Silenus will work great. If you already bought one I wouldn’t bother with the N12. Silenus is a better yoyo, and I think it’s wider anyway.

The best tip i heard is that it will click someday. It’s just trying over and over and OVER again.

Thats all I need, looks like the more i practice the faster it will click???

It’ll click. Most yoyo tricks are like that. Once it does you’ll be able to do it consistently and longer.

When I’m learning a new trick, sometimes I’ll put on a full length movie and just do that the entire time. There’s not many steps to BB so I’d go that route. It’s really just time and persistence until you get the hang of it.

i’ve done 3 legit boings on the XT when i tried it with music loud… but now i lost that fire to practice that hard again. Finding out boingy boing for the first time had me hyped.

Now its just… 2 hours and i dont hit it anymore, just a high up motion when it bounces on the top string. I fixed that by hitting down a little harder and it evened out.

I’ve done 2 of those, but doing 3 legit ones is long gone.

I’m still sore… but im glad i broken in the trick and tried it, silenus here we go!

Or fail! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you did 3 properly you can do 3 properly every single time IF you are doing them correctly. We’ve all gotten into the position where we practice bad movements over and over execting good results. Be happy with one boing and pay attention to what made it a success. If you did it 3 times successfully but can’t do it again, it’s not the yoyo, it’s you. Don’t burn yourself out with frustration.

Boingy Boingy was created by 1998 US National Champion and member of Team High Performance, Sky Kiyabu!
See it done here at :43 seconds

Good luck on your journey OP! Also anyone who says the XT is bad for learning is giving you false info. Sometimes a more simple and responsive yoyo is better for picking up new techniques as it pushes you to do them in a cleaner way and thus have a better end result. The idea that using harder equipment will frustrate to the point of quitting is a result of laziness.
Keep it up and glad to see you making your way through the tricks!

Note: Ian Poh - Boingy Boing - YouTube

this tutorial has the method that I used when I was learning the trick that seemed to help out a ton. Try it out!

6 Likes

What a innovative performance. I love the switch to Offstring.

Luckily no one on this thread has said that…

1 Like

Thanks so much! I was starting to think nobody would come through with that. The crowd loved it. :grin:

I guess that would belong in AP now. The regens are a nice part of the routine that are not present any more. Not that there aren’t regens, just not like those. It would be cool to have a responsive category in a contest. …

2 Likes