Boingy Boing (Need help)

That just made it even harder… but if it will help, might as well try it.

The trick is worth it in my book.

2 Likes

I guess different thought processes for learning work for different people(wait that’s been proven) but keep at it. If you feel like you really arent making progress. Take a break from the trick man

3 Likes

Taking a break does help… i learned that the hard way. You don’t wan’t to get used to messing up all the time for hours and become used to that.

Once you get it, stop and try again tomorrow. Keep messing up and trying = more bad habits??

Another thing that helped me was to just think about how much I mastered this trick and I can do it like nothing all the time and any day. Like i been doing it for somany years.

Got me a little closer I guess.

4 Likes

Do i need a longer string or something?? i just now noticed its short. My throw got better and now i can sleep it for 11 seconds, 1 second more.

Using the stock string, how long can the butterfly XT sleep?? I do the slip bottom mount in 2 parts btw, not all at once since its hard.

I just did 4 bounces… really far ones… almost as far as the true boingy boings, does that still count?? didnt get it back up though because i was too excited again.

3 Likes

Please help… boingy boing is my life right now!

I just thought about trying another yo-yo instead. Thing is… im not into the new generation ones, will it be much easier on a super yo sonic spin?? how long does it sleep??

I’ve already done it, really grinded through hard. Rare but i do it.

If not… i will just use the butterfly XT, it was my first yoyo EVER after all in the 90s (original butterfly with no bearing)

1 Like

Sounds like you are very much on the right track. Shorter string (I think I still have the stock string on mine, and it’s on the shorter side) helps with this trick by giving you less “boing” and therefore less chance to have the yoyo fly out from between the strings. I imagine the rhythm is probably together with a shorter string than a longer one but I never really considered it while playing.

2 Likes

If you love your XT and don’t want more yoyos that’s cool. It’s tough for a lot of people to be happy with just one yoyo. It’s better to want what you have and not what you don’t. Get yourself some strings because you’re gonna burn through em! Try to get multi-color packs as a change of color freshens things up for your eyes.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of the super yo sonic spin right now, i remember seeing someone with that in middle school. It made a sound while it was sleeping too.

How long can the butterfly XT sleep?? i throw it hard but can barely get 12 seconds before it turns and stops.

Throwing hard is only half the battle, you also have to throw it straight. On a perfect throw I can get over 20 seconds before it spins out. When my throw is a little crooked it’s hard to get much over 10 seconds.

1 Like

A couple of years ago I used parts that came with a Duncan Pro Z to make the Butterfly XT wider as well as unresponsive. It now sleeps for a very long time.

8 Likes

Nice!!!

Wow… i would have never thought the XT would sleep that long. Looks like i dont need to learn the all in 1 part slip bottom mount like roy did then.

I read alot of boingy threads on this site and looks like the answers are the same. It will CLICK if you just keep at it.

Today was the worst day… i didnt get any no matter how perfect i tried to get it.

But least i know it will click someday :slight_smile:

I actually thought the XT was unresponsive because it wouldnt go up good.

Learned alot here.

I have a duncan imperial for nostalgic… but the letters came off after using it straight from the package.

Must be fake?? can anybody do boingy on imperials??

I can only land boingy boing about 1 out of 10 tries with my XT, but with an unresponsive yoyo I can do it about 7 out of 10 times. It will take some hours to get used to binding, but I think you would appreciate an unresponsive yoyo after you get used to it. It really does make the trick easier to learn. It sounds like your string might wear out soon too, which is a good excuse to order some yoyo stuff.

2 Likes

Least its possible on the XT. Probably near impossible on imperial (but dont blame the tool??)

I got some kitty string coming, i wanted to get angel hair since people say that lasts a loong time. Would of got stuff here if i found it earlier.

My boings don’t go that far forward/backwards like the pros, but it bounces on the strings without popping out when i do get it.

Doesnt count??

3 Likes

Having a bad yoyo day where things just don’t click happens to all of us. It can be very frustrating but it’s a toy. I have other hobbies and novels to read when yoyo ain’t going great!

3 Likes

A little tip I got from someone when I was learning this trick was to practice the motion without the yoyo. Take something weighted and put it in a plastic shopping bag (or any bag with handles really). Then try to get the weighted bag to rock back and forth by having your finger only go up and down. Get comfortable with that motion and try again on the yoyo. Hope this helped.

2 Likes

I can’t find the video of Dazzling Dave opening the package of a Duncan Imperial and then doing about 3 minutes of absolutely amazing yoyoing. It’s not a new video. He was outside by a lake. I posted it here a long time ago but have no idea in what thread.

3 Likes

I like the feel of the imperial… too bad the letters and everything came out. It was 3 dollars at target.

Is it suppose to happen?? there isnt any logo now on mine. It’s a green one.

1 Like