BobParty’s Player Profiles: Doc Pop

Proud today to present Hunter Feuerstein!! Love that many people have the same meaningful yo-yo stories!!!

What got you into throwing, and how did you find the hobby?

I started yoyoing in the summer of 2013. My mom wanted to get me out of the house, so she signed me up for a yoyo class at our local library, which was taught by national and world champions. At first, I didn’t want to go and was pretty reluctant about it, but my mom “forced” me into it, hahaha. But from the moment I started, I was hooked. The experience of learning from such talented players made me realize how much depth and creativity there was in yoyoing, and I’ve been passionate about it ever since.

If you could only have one yo-yo for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I might be a bit biased here, but I’d choose any of the yoyos I’ve had a hand in designing to perfectly suit my style—Spotlight, Spotlight Ultra, Moonlight, or the new Starlight. Each of these has been fine-tuned to match the evolution of my play, so I feel a connection with all of them.

What trick are you currently working on, and what is your all-time favorite trick?

I’m not focusing on any specific tricks right now, but I’ve been experimenting with incorporating my neck into already challenging whip elements. It’s a way to push the boundaries of what’s possible and add a new layer of complexity to my routines. As for my all-time favorite trick, that’s tough—I love anything that’s visually striking and dynamic, especially those that have taken a lot of effort to master.

What’s the most meaningful yoyo you have?

The most meaningful yoyo in my collection has to be the 888 I won just a month into yoyoing, when I was only 8 years old. I competed in a small local trick ladder contest at the library and ended up winning. That 888 was worth $130 at the time, and winning it sparked an even greater motivation in me to keep improving. Every time I see that yoyo, it brings back memories of those early days and reminds me why I love yoyoing so much.

What kind of things are you into outside of yo-yos?

To be honest, my life pretty much revolves around yoyoing, haha—it’s probably not the healthiest balance! But outside of yoyoing, I really enjoy learning new things, hiking, and traveling.

Favorite restaurants and order?

I’d say Popeyes. My go-to order is a chicken sandwich with no pickles, a side of fries, and Mardi Gras mustard.

Favorite movie?

Has to be Elf. It’s packed with too many memorable quotes to NOT be at the top of my list.

Best yoyo memory?

One of my best yoyo memories has to be from the 2019 World Yoyo Contest. I had practiced more than ever leading up to it, hoping to secure a spot in the finals for the first time. During the semifinals, I had a switch out, and when I got off stage, I was convinced that would prevent me from advancing. But when they announced that I had made it to the finals—with a switch!—my friends surrounded me, picked me up, and started chanting my name. It was an incredible moment that showed how supportive the yoyo community really is.

What’s your yoyo bad habit?

I have to admit, I’m super lazy when it comes to changing pads and cleaning bearings. I tend to put it off way longer than I should!

If you couldn’t yo-yo, what would you be doing?

I’d probably still be involved in content creation, but with a focus on traveling the world. Exploring new places and cultures is something that really interests me.

Advice/words of wisdom to new players?

Learn everything you possibly can, even the tricks that don’t initially interest you. Attend yoyo clubs and contests as often as possible, and soak up as much knowledge as you can from those around you. Most importantly, make sure you’re having fun! The joy you get from yoyoing is what will keep you going in the long run.

What do you want to tell the world?

Prototypes of my signature yoyo for 2025, the Starlight, available now on hunteryoyos.com! Be sure to check them out and support me on this exciting journey.

Thanks again Hunter!!!

24 Likes