BobParty’s Player Profiles: Doc Pop

Excited for another profile with @YoYoExpertEric!!

Really great profile taking it back to some awesome memories from the 90’s and Yomega.

Hope you enjoy - as always if you have any feedback please let me know!

What got you into throwing, how did you find the hobby?

It all started during recess in elementary school when I saw some kids playing with yo-yos. I asked where they got them, and they pointed me to the most amazing toy store ever—A2Z Science and Learning Store! After that, the rest is history :crazy_face::rofl:

What is your goal in the next year for yourself personal or professional?

A goal every year for me but keep failing is to learn more 2A Tricks!!

What’s it like to work at Yo-yo Expert?

It’s a dream come true! I’m incredibly lucky to work with an amazing team who are more than just co-workers—they’re my closest friends and family. Plus, it’s a total win-win for me, since yo-yos have always been a huge part of my life. Getting to work for a company that revolves around them is just perfect!

If you could only have one yo-yo for the rest of your life what would it be?

Either between the SnapBack, Uppercut, or KO!

What trick are you working on currently?

Neckstole

What’s the trick that gives you the hardest time?

Neckstole

What’s your favorite trick of all time?

Not Neckstole! Also Elevator, Rancid Milk, Uppercut Bind, and Figure 8, Repeaters and any picture trick!

What’s your favorite yo-yo of all time?

Wayyyy too tough to answer. But will narrow it to the:

Hitman, K-OS, New Breed, Night Moves 2, 888, Superstar, Genesis, SuperNova, ProtoStar, Avant Garde 2, Grind Machine 2, Shutter Wide Angle, TOO HOT, Ricochet, Uppercut, KO, MarkMont Classic, Cabal 2, Puffin 2, Glacier Express, Garhwal 2, Yeti Turning Point 2, Mowl M, Tankette, Freehand 1 (New and Original) and anything Delrin or Organic Shaped LOLOL!

What’s the most meaningful throw you have?

This is also another tough question, because most of my yo-yos that I have I can almost tell you an entire story how I ended up with it/when I got it. They are all pretty meaningful to me, which is why I rarely ever let go any of them.

What’s your worst habit with yo-yos?

When getting a knot, switching to a new yo-yo so that I don’t deal with taking it out LOL!

What’s kind of things are you into outside of yo-yos?

Not much, but I dabble in playing the keyboard

What fictional character best fits who you are?

When I was in school, I liked to think/tried I was living a double life like a superhero LOL as a yo-yoer and non-yoyoer and keeping it separate. However that got hard and I started to embrace being the yo-yo boy LOL!

Favorite restaurant and order?

I don’t usually go out, except buying Iced Coffees at McDonalds LOL - But I do enjoy the SuperMelts (Honey BBQ) from Friendlys with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae to finish it off! MHMMMHMMMMM

Favorite movie and or book?

I wasn’t much of a book person growing up, and I can’t even remember the last time I went to the movies. But I did enjoy a lot of cartoons and TV shows like Power Rangers, Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. These days, I’m into Ted Lasso, Star Wars, The Office, anything with Adam Sandler, and pretty much anything Marvel.

Favorite song?

Another tough question, but I am a fan of Eiffel 65, Smash Mouth, Blink 182, Yellow Card, My Chemical Romance, Elton John, Billy Joel, and anything electronica/techno/trance.

If you could wake up tomorrow and magically has the skills from one player who and what would it be?

-Alex Lozynaik/Jason Lee/Charles Haycock/Tyler Vienneau for style/swagger/smoothness

-Mir Kim/Jensen Kimmitt/Yuuki Spencer for their competition abilities and John Ando for like everything LOLOL

What’s your favorite memory from your time in the hobby ?

Again a very tough question, but I would have to say getting a phone call from the President of Yomega when I was like 12 asking me to join their Presidents Invitational Team!

How has the community changed since you started? Where do you want it to go?

It has changed a lot since I have started! LOL

Let’s just say I now enjoy watching yo-yo videos online a lot more than dealing with dial-up or asking a friend to download and burn a CD with the “latest tricks”—which usually meant they were already a year old! LOLOL

But seriously, I’ve been lucky enough to witness the yo-yo world evolve over the years. Starting with responsive yo-yos in the '90s, it’s been a wild ride to see how both the technology and tricks have transformed. Being a part of that change, both as a spectator and participant, has been an incredible experience!

Yo-yoing is definitely moving in the right direction, especially with how easy it is to share tricks and connect on social media. I’d love to see the community keep growing because it would make a huge difference in things like sponsorships and events. With the Olympics just wrapping up, people keep asking why yo-yos aren’t included, and the simple truth is the sport just isn’t big enough… yet.

If you never picked up a yo-yo - what would life look like now?

I would be really really good at HALO and Poker, and also possibly a Professional Ping-Ponger

Advice/ words of wisdom to new players?

It might sound cliché, but it’s all about having fun. It’s easy to get burned out, especially with competition yo-yoing, which is awesome in its own right, but it’s important to find balance and remember there’s so much more to the hobby than just competing. Most of my closest friends I met through this shared passion, and now that I’m older, it’s really about catching up with them and meeting new people who share the same love for yo-yoing!

Whats you want to tell the world?

Purchase an Uppercut or KO! - Best Yo-Yos in the world!!!

31 Likes