Black List

I don’t think anyone said you don’t have the right to or shouldn’t report a scammer. By all means do. That’s the only way anyone will know about it. What measures we come up with to deal with those situations is entirely separate from reporting it in the first place. I think we’re all in agreeance that there needs to be some kind of a notification of such dirty deeds, just how to achieve it is the question. As noted above, perhaps a moderated list is the way to handle it so that petty grievances don’t start to fill it up and obscure the true scam artists.

How YYN does it?

That’s pretty much the same as on TheYo. In some respects that’s a better feedback system in that it’s always open to view. I think there’s some merit to doing it that way, maybe in addition to the Profile Trade Tracking mechanism. While not a blacklist, it does put the traders reputation, good and bad, more out in the open so that people start to get a feel for how a person trades. After all, how many people just go casually scanning peoples trade rating. Maybe this is something to think about here. Bad traders/scammers could be flagged there as well. Also it does give people a way to defend themselves in the case where people are just unhappy with a trade. That is not to say that there is not a place for valid criticism of a trade. And that is where some degree of moderation is probably called for so that valid comments don’t elicit a flame war.

The new Feedback forum is here.

Anyone want to be the first to chime in? Please read the small amount of rules first.

Looks great!

Another helpful website is pipl.com just sayin’ if you use your head and resources at your disposal you can be fairly sure. Don’t get too carried away with that site though, kinda nifty though.

Thank You! I think this will be more accurate and reliable than the traditional feedback system.

Q seems… active.

Hah I saw that. He’s always the first to dirty something. lol

If something is to be soiled, it will be my soil.

Wait…

I have been keeping an eye on this thread, and it has come to my interest that no one has posted this yet.

Why not set a “post minimum” for anyone that wants to use the B/S/T forums.

I havent been here long, but i have about 1 day logged on with about 50 posts.

Im pretty sure no one will get through getting the amount of posts needed without spamming the forums, at which point someone will notice who goes through the trouble of spamming the forums in an hour just to reach the minimum to sell something.

It is kind of restricting for new members, but if member A comes from forum B, they could create a thread specifying where the come from, and adding a link to their profile/sale thread.

Set a limit, 50, 100, 200 posts.
Not only will it prevent people from scamming, but it would give person A, chance to read post about person B in case they are still not sure if this member is reliable or not.

If someone posts something helpful, smart, or rather long instead of just spamming 2 words, it would help “analyze” the individual.

Just my 2cents. :stuck_out_tongue:

If people still get scammed this way, 1) Some people have too much time on their hands and 2) its the person who got scammed’s fault for lack of research.

:wink:

I missed that D:

Plus, mine has more detail xD
Jk

Member for 30 days, with 30 posts is what’s used on another board I inhabit periodically. :wink:

Maybe also include a certain number of thank yous received. A small minimum though.

I think some people go through life with no thankyous given.

Is it really fair to limit views of the BST to how many posts you have?
On a different forum, I have fewer than 50 posts, most are actually IN the BST.

There are quite a few forums that have a BST section that restrict selling to established members - those who have been registered for a specified amount of time and have a minimum number of posts. The other board uses 30/30. I’m on a couple of boards that require 50/50.

Anyone can view/reply, the restriction is on starting a new for sale topic.

It keeps out the riff-raff and fly-by sellers to some degree too.

Not sure if this board has that option though. I’ll check on it.