Black Bip Bop Borealis

Why is the Black Bip Bop Borealis $45 more than a regular one? It costs $185 for a BBB. Am I missing something here?

Why do people buy Yeezys? It’s just a very limited edition and highly collectible. CLYW only ever makes one run with BBB in very limited quantities, and then it is never reproduced again on that model.

Plus remember all the different colors on there and the design on the speckle.

1 Like

Because they are crazy. Don’t know why anyone would support that guy, and buy such an ugly shoe IMO.

Why do people buy the CLYW BBB? Because they are supporting an awesome company, and getting a limited edition, well made item in a cool colorway ;D

But that’s just this old guys opinion ::slight_smile:

There was a mere 10 made. Take that as you will, but scarcity adds value.

1 Like

Kanye West makes some of the best music around. Sure, his personality is pretty off-putting, but his creative output in his music is legendary.

Any way, yeah, regardless of how you feel about Yeezy Boost 350s, they’re made in small quantities every run. That’s how Chris does the Black Bip Bops. I didn’t know it was only ten, though. Damn. Gonna try harder next time to get one for the next new model.

2 Likes

I’m surprised more people didn’t freak out over the space dragon scouts since only 8 were made.

Don’t personally love the BBB colorway, but I get it. Honestly I enjoy the fact some colorway are a lot more rare than others. Just makes it fun.

Also love Kanye and how his publicity stunts have even landed him with hate coming from a yoyo forum.

Disagree. Except that hes as you say “off putting.” Yea, i am off put. Ive got nothing nice to say about him.

2 Likes

^^Agreed. Zero respect for Kanye. There’s other guys in his industry that conduct themselves much better than he does.

1 Like

I’d vote for Kanye if I were American.

I’d have to highly disagree with the “Kanye West makes some of the best music around” comment as well.

2 Likes

A yoyo thread has become a referendum on Kanye West??!? Amazing!

BBBBcause.

I don’t think it has to do with scarcity. They are just a lot more work than their other anno options. For every color there is another annodizing step. It’s just a lot more time consuming.

Scarcity is probably a part of it, just not all of it.

Because we know that the BBBs will never be made again on the Borealis. That colorway will probably appear on the Scout some time in the future.

It just proves that everything is possible.

For those know dont know what may be involved, here is a short vid showing a very basic splash. Just thinking about my throws’s colorways and applying what I see to whats shown in this video, im surprized the dont cost MORE. :slight_smile:

He made college dropout! The man can do no wrong after that album

It’s a lot like these:

Every Easter, at my house, we do this. We dip the eggs in one color, put wax over it, then put it in a slightly darker color, and repeat the process. It’s really not too hard, just time consuming. Our eggs are not nearly as good as the ones in the pictures on the link that I posted, but they still turn out okay.

I’m glad somebody brought it up before I got frustrated. The College Dropout is an absolute classic in hip hop. (Can anyone learn to separate the personality from the music? He wasn’t even a jerk back then.) Not to mention Late Registration and Graduation, but if you’re a hip hop fan and you’re just not a fan of Kanye after trying him out, I understand that. It’s like if you’re into rock music and you tell me you just don’t feel Led Zeppelin or the Beatles. It happens. He does deserve some respect from back when College Dropout was released, as the gospel music influence and sampling was a very different and very new thing at the time (2004). Eminem’s peak stardom was just beginning to die down after Encore didn’t live up to the hype and kinda gave way for Kanye to come up after building himself from producing 90% of The Blueprint for Jay Z; Renegade was produced by Eminem. (And that’s the last I’ll say about it. Sorry mods for getting out of hand with it. I love hip hop a lot. My bad.)

But to stay on topic, how is everyone feeling about their Borealis? I’m still mixed about it but it’s very much growing on me. Like, on the bind back to my hand, it’s not the most comfortable compared to my Chief. Maybe it’s because it’s heavier or feels heavier than a Chief? Not too sure. Otherwise, it plays fantastic! Mine is ridiculously smooth. Perhaps, I’m just a little more biased towards organic shapes and any V or H shapes with an organic curve. Any thoughts on the yoyo?

1 Like