Betty Gallegos (YoYoFactory Team) Makes History!

Betty took home the Gold Medal at the Mexican National Yo-Yo Championships and becomes the first female to win 1A Nationals!!!

Congrats @Betty_gallegos!!!

:trophy::trophy::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

40 Likes

So happy!!!

2 Likes

Wow! Congratulations to her for a well deserved win.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Is there a video of the final?

5 Likes

Betty is the literal best. La amo!

2 Likes

That’s awesome, great to see a girl doing well in this community.

3 Likes

Awesome would love to see a video, also would love to see Betty here on the forums :wink:

9 Likes

Right! Where the ladies at :eyes:? Want to see Tessa Piccillo roaming around here and some of my other favorites

4 Likes

Tessa has been kind of dormant recently in the yoyo community and hasn’t been competing much. I believe it’s to focus on her band: Carsick.

3 Likes

Review some of the older Ann Connolly references for a clue (if they haven’t been deleted). Testosterone runs high on yoyo forums.

4 Likes

This is very true. About 90% or more people here are male

1 Like

100% stoked for Betty. And a really cool day for yoyoing that was too long coming.

And some pretty recent as well.

If yoyoing wants to encourage female throwers, the first thing we have to do is stop discouraging them. No more locker-room type comments about bodies or appearance.

We should be supporting our fellow yoyoers of any and every gender, race, nationality, age, background, etc. The shared love of the zen of the throw is the only requirement needed to be in this club.

13 Likes

Agreed! I have read pretty much every post here for 12 months and there definitely hasn’t been any oddness of that kind in this period, at least!

5 Likes

Catch me someday too :wink:

8 Likes

Yea, I don’t think ive seen any of that crap since I joined here.

Oh, and here is a vid of the performance:

16 Likes

Go Betty! Wish I could throw like that.

3 Likes

Consider, the international yo-yo federation sent Steve brown as a representative for a reason…reasons I won’t disclose. Think about it.

• Tняow Tяue ࿃༾

I love your attitude man. People like you are the reason our community can continue to grow in the right direction.
-Tняow Tяue ࿃༾

1 Like

Second, actually. About ten minutes after I said first someone reminded me the Kahli Evans won Australian Nationals quite a few years ago.

7 Likes

Don’t forget about Jennifer Baybrook!

Congrats to Betty Gallegos! Would be awesome to see women at the top of the game at worlds.

2 Likes