Best yoyos of 2020

Does the Markmont Classic: Magnum Opus count? Also, noticed no one mentioned the Kappa. I personally don’t have one yet, but I expected with its recent demand that it’d at least be mentioned somewhere.

Some of my personal favorites. Bias Disclaimer: I love organics

• Intro Monometal
    • OD Intro
    • 50/50
  • Mid-grade Monometal
    • Mike Monty Memento
    • SF Movement
    • Nitro
    • BMC
  • Premium Monometal
    • Cloudberry
  • Machined Plastic
    • Speedaholic XX
    • Dove
  • Intro Bimetal
    • MYY Z01-Focus
  • Mid/Premium Bimetal
    • MK-1 Exia
    • Mythril Flux
    • OST Confluence

Honorable mentions (mostly because these aren’t unique, they’re iterations on already great throws):

• Batsquatch 7068
  • BanSShee AL7
  • Markmont classic: magnum opus
14 Likes

I own many of these and those that I don’t own are on my list! (also love organics)

2 Likes

I only startet throwing this year so all the throws i ever got feel like they are from 2020 but I gotta give it to @Matcha’s Night Sky and the Peregrine.

10 Likes

AL7 Banshee SS

4 Likes

I am counting it as it was released in 2020. It is also on my list of yoyos I missed out on :frowning_face: Also, nice list there!

According to the Duncan Blog, it was released at 2019 Worlds with the Tourney and Butterfly AL. That being said, it is a really awesome bi-metal yoyo

To everyone who has contributed, really amazing work. There are a lot of yoyos here that definitely should be on the list.

4 Likes

Guess I should have known that since I was at Worlds and played it there…

2 Likes

The colorways on those two bottom right yoyo’s are sick. The purple one is the Night Sky, but what is the bottom center one?

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, you always give great yoyo recommendations regardless of the year it is from!

That’s a Twilight Phantom by Inferno Yoyos. Probably the best looking throw I’ve got :D’

1 Like

Right now it is the Kappa.

Could be the MCMO instead considering how good the og MC plays but I haven’t received mine yet.

Oh wait, Dale is dropping tmr. Quail is my all time favorite so it’s probably too early for me to comment…

3 Likes

This

5 Likes

Intro wood - idk lol
Premium wood - a-rt poupon - great lil unresponsive woody
plastic (injection molded) - Topyo mojo (amazing for the price, a better feeling plastic yeti.)
plastic (machined) - Throwrevolution Neo (great for responsive and unresponsive, another throw I think would be awesome to start out with).
hybrid - C3 Porykrash - Plastic exia, wide and nice feel in the hand, real good regens, hella durable, great material for finger spins with the polycarb version
intro monometal - Mike Monty Memento - Always available at great prices, its like a budget grail. So floaty.
mid-grade monometal - Atmos Thunderberry/Cloudberry - I dont know if the thunderberry came out in 2020 but in general the super wide organic shape of the CB is so pleasant to throw – very pillowy
premium monometal - A-RT Garret - Probably the best playing $100+ mono suitable for modern play. Very light while maintaining hella stability.
intro bimetal - Circle City P40 Warhawk - The most full feeling D-bearing bimetal. Massively underrated player.
mid/premium bimetal - PDX Batsquatch - Like a quicker MCMO, little smaller, very satisfying throw.
titanium - RSO Bapezilla - Nice lil dense throw. Didn’t buy a lot of ti past RSO last year and this was my favourite player out of the few I got,
Gimmicky - A-RT Furn - Also my nomination for the best. Undersize D bearing is a gimmick right? This throw plays just like a wooly marmot 2 while being half the size, its insane. Good responsive, unresponsive, doesn’t matter how you slice it. Found myself gravitating to it the most out of everything passing through my hands, so easy to take anywhere you go.

Shout out to foolsgold plastic yeti’s for being great performers and only $5. The bearing alone is worth more than that.

7 Likes

Really?

The requirements were that I had to have bought one and tried it no? I’d love to put something else for the ti section since the bape isn’t that amazing of a player (great sound and finish and packaging and all that but it kinda reminds me of a dv888 lol).

And the wide harbingers I’m interested in are going to be a 2021 release if I’m not mistaken :relaxed:

4 Likes

I am leaning toward agreeing - of the yoyos I purchased that came out in 2020 which is very few.

3 Likes

Have you played any A-RT wood? Jensen is a talented wood worker and does great paint jobs.

I have a prototype of theirs called the Apron. It’s amazing and really fun to play.

2 Likes

Sure have. He’s played a few of mine too.

I have a Poupon actually.

1 Like

You know… I think the Spinworthy KNack was a pretty good wooden yoyo released in 2020…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you by chance have any idea what string came with these things? I got like 10 yellow fat string, and it’s not bad! I was using kitty regular and its crap compared to it

I think just stock myy string but not like their old stock, a lot better.

1 Like