Best Strings?

Big fan of Epic String Magic Threads. Super soft and silky, and binds like a dream. Also easy to toss in a pocket and run through washing machine. I know it sounds weird but it works wonders on these strings.

After about an hour of yoyo play I notice the string doesn’t hold its shape as good as it first did. I tried washing it with a bit of dish washing liquid and warm water by hand (takes less than a minute). Takes a few mins to dry and it plays almost as good as new. Not sure how many times you can re wash but I’m guessing at least 2. Also gets yellow and green strings bright again.

Worth trying if you use premium string as it only will cost you a few cents worth of soap. If your using 10 cent bulk string just replace it.

I tend to prefer the thicker strings as I’m still learning advanced tricks and I feel it helps with binds. The kitty xl is nice for the price. I actually don’t mind the yyf string they give you with their yoyos. I tried some zeeiko and that was my least favorite. Just got some inverse type x and slack line chubby lemon that I’m gonna try out next. Once I decided what I like the best I will prob buy it in bulk.

On a side note my cat seems to prefer the kitty string (ironically) but he goes after pretty much any string. I lassoed some used up string together and tied some rubber bands to the end and that’s his new favorite toy.

I got some #82 string not too long ago, its 50% poly, 50% kevlar. i’ve had the same string on my chief for at least 10 hours of play and it plays the same as it did out of the package. it is less grippy than some other strings like 100% poly, but i like that with my chief because i was getting frequent knuckle dusters on a few tricks and now i don’t. still gives perfect binds. It’s expensive, $10 for 10 strings, but i have heard of people going over a month on one string so… yeah.