Best kendama in the long run?

So, I have never played with a kendama and I plan to buy one, but I want it to serve me for a long time and can do the most advanced tricks. I wouldn’t prefer a beginner kendama since I don’t think I’ll be buying another one for a long time so I want a good kendama that’ll survive drops and have durable paint or finish. A friend of mine recommended the KromXBeams O.K. kendama at about 50$, but might there be a better option at a similar price point?

Thanks in advance.
-Edward

1 Like

Wouldn’t a beginner kendama be designed to be more durable for drops? I have a Duncan Komodo Kendama and it seems fine (my kids use it to uh, swing the ball around really hard). I’m pretty awful at doing real tricks, but it does the things just fine.

1 Like

Honestly a lot of less expensive kendamas are more durable some over $50. The standard maple will be your best bet if you’re worried about durability. As far as beginner vs advanced kendamas, the difference isn’t in what kind of tricks they can do. It’s really just a difference in craftsmanship. Most newer kendamas will have the larger cups and either sticky paint or some kind of silk paint. I’d recommend a sticky over a silk for a true beginner. Just find a maple kendama with tacky paint in a color you like and pull the trigger

2 Likes

Alright then! Thanks for the input.