Best high end bimetal yoyo?

I don’t know why it has to turn like this, but for the sake of peace I agree, let’s call it basketball.
Let’s not derail it further.

The Palpitation is reeeeaaal good. It’s been one of my top two for quite a while now.

Yep, it never should have been referred to as a bi-metal in the first place.

To be fair, yo-yo players are terrible with material names. Shout out to derlin yo-yos with silicon response.

2 Likes

Amazing but true… I don’t have the slightest idea ‘why’ anybody would call any plastic/metal yoyo a bi-metal?

But I guess somebody just thought it sounded better than ‘bi-material’ or whatever? Dunno?

They got over it soon enough… Since it was perfectly wrong, lol.

I got kind of a kick out of the link below, because at the bottom of the Speeder review; there is another link to my Micro-Mo model. I actually never read that review until tonight. And the Micro-Mo is described also as a bi-metal.

Funny stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, these reviews are a bit over the top…

This guy really knows his stuff!!!

My point is, regardless if it’s right or wrong, I remember seeing it a few times in the past and the term stuck, simple as that.
If I wanted to be strict about how things are called, I’d say the bearing and the axle are of different metals, so it’s still wrong to call Draupnir a bi-metal. I also have a lot of questions about terms like freehand (since when it’s not played by hand), or fixed axle (since when the axle of any yoyo is not fixed), etc.
There is a lot of weird terms in yoyoing that I stopped asking questions about it. It can only get as weird as you want it to be.

Rizki… You better quit smoking that bamboo🙀 Because you are misinterpreting everything you’ve talked about.

First off; when talking about: bi-metals, tri-metals, etc.; it is ‘correct’ to focus primarily on the body of the Yoyo… NOT the guts. Just the Body. So you pretty much missed on that one.

2nd. A Freehand Yoyo is called a Freehand Yoyo, simply because the Yoyo is not ‘attached to your hand’. Your hand is ‘free’ as when doing aerials, etc. So wrong again.

3rd. A fixed axle Yoyo is just that. The axle is fixed in position. The axle does not/cannot move independent of the Yoyo halves when in use. <It is in a fixed/stationary position. You’re not doing too well in how you view well understood(by most folks) words/terms.

Like you already said, ‘It can only get as weird as you want it to be’.

Guess you want it to get pretty weird, lol.

Not sure why?

The weird terms you described aren’t weird at all…

1 Like

There is no clear definition on what is ‘correct’ in this matter, it’s subjective, though I actually agree that it’s only the body, that’s not the point. I’ll explain later below.

You’re still holding the string with your hand, so it’s not technically 'free’hand. It would be freehand if you play it with your legs ala football, but that’s also not the point.

Every single one of my yoyo either with bearing or not are fixed axles technically, since when being used the axle doesn’t move independently vs the yoyo, it’s locked inside tightly. You’re probably talking about bearing because the inner race vs outer race moves independently, but bearing is not axle, or is it?

What I’m saying is, IF I ‘want’ to question why certain things are called something, then I could. But since I have no problem with it, I just accepted the terms as how I see people call it. What I did above with freehand and fixed axle was making examples IF I start questioning things.
So yeah, I thought Speeder was bi-metal because I’ve seen people saying that in the past, and accepted how they called it as it is with no question (just as I accepted the word freehand and fixed axle). Now I learned that it’s incorrect to call it bi-metal.
From there I don’t think there is any more problem with it.

This ^^^

The Palpitation is definitely one of the best yoyos I’ve ever thrown. Get one if you have the chance!

You can question anything you want. But in this instance; you are just being difficult for no logical reason other than that you are determined to be ‘contrary’.

There is nothing subjective about defining: bi-metals, tri-metals, etc. The correct description is reached by the number of different metals used to make up the ‘Yoyo halves’. Period. It has nothing to do with ‘subjective’.

Fixed axles are fixed axles. Period. The term is used to identify a stationary axle. It has nothing to do with bearing yoyos unless you have put shims on each side of a bearing that lock the outer race of the bearing and keep it from spinning.

Freehand is specifically that; it frees up your primary throwing hand. The term isn’t ‘Freehands’ it is simply Freehand. The method allows more versatile movement by not requiring the Yoyo string to be attached to a specific hand/finger.

I haven’t the slightest idea why you are bent on distorting Yoyo terms that aren’t even that challenging to understand?

But if that makes you happy… That’s fine I guess🤔

2 Likes

It was a way to show the point why I used to accept that Speeder is bi-metal, though now I know it’s wrong.
First I have to say because it seems you’re getting this wrong. I have no problem with the word freehand or fixed axle, period. What I did there was making an example on how I see people reacted to the word bi-metal for metal rimmed plastics, if it was reversed.

But anyway, the point with fixed axle.
Every yoyo I know of have the axle ‘fixed’ inside between the halves, the axle is ALWAYS STATIONARY. It’s locked in there between the halves, regardless if it has bearing or not. So every yoyo is a fixed axle, because the axle is fixed, otherwise it will unscrew.
This means calling a yoyo that have the string sliding on the axle as fixed axle is wrong since EVERY yoyo is fixed axle, it doesn’t describe anything.
BUT
You know what it means anyway so no one complain.

Freehand is vague too. Freehand could be taken as ‘no hands at all’, picture a new player asking ‘Is freehand means you don’t play the yoyo with your hands?’.
But you know what it means anyway, so no one complain.

It’s the same thing with calling Speeder a bi-metal. It’s a wrong term, but I (used to) knew what it meant as plastic with metal rim, so I didn’t complain, I just accepted the term as it is.

Now it turns out that it’s wrong (by consensus), I now believed that it’s incorrect to call Speeder as bi-metal.

I don’t know where it’s hard to understand. I just wanted to make a point on how I accepted the word bi-metal as ‘plastic with metal rim’, while making examples with freehand and fixed axle. But it seems like you’re more interested in ‘debunking’ my examples than my main point, which is about me accepting the term bi-metal without questioning.

Anyway, I think this is going too far for something rather unimportant. I have pointed out everything I had to.

^^One might warn you to stop before you hit rock bottom but I think you’ve surpassed that now to the point where you need to dig yourself out with your freehand using a bi-metal fixed shovel. ;D

I was just… fighting for my independence.

I rather die fixed axle, than living bi-metal.

Just kidding, I love all yoyos.