Best aqua monometal (currently available)?

Most of my aqua monometals are Shutters of one kind or another, and they’re quite good, but I’m wondering if there’s anything better out there.

So, can anyone recommend a monometal, that is currently available, that comes in a solid aqua colorway, and which, in your opinion, plays better than the Shutter? And just to be clear, for me “better” just means spins longer and is more stable (and neither super-wide like the WA, nor heavy like the OG Shutter).

(And when I say aqua, I mean a rich, saturated aqua like the Shutter.)

3 Likes

dude… you made a typo… i think you mean Rose-Gold? :wink:

2 Likes

As I suspected, there really aren’t any.

I guess this is largely because nobody aside from YYF routinely releases monometals in (solid) aqua. Therefore, the Shutters just kinda win by default.

7068 Bowl was my immediate suggestion until I saw “currently available”. I don’t think there’s any left out there. That’s a beautiful shade and quite the player.

The Bowl is a mighty fine suggestion.

However, to my mind it is disqualified on two counts:

1. It isn’t currently available, as you’ve pointed out.
  2. It is sufficiently different in design from the Shutter that I don’t think it really sets out to accomplish the same thing as the Shutter (apart from simply “being a yoyo”). Consequently I don’t know if it is valid to be comparing them in a “which is better” analysis.
2 Likes

How about the OD Kuntosh?

1 Like

2015 YYF Genesis G-Grade in Aqua. I have two (one blue and one aqua), they are gorgeous and play amazingly! So powerful, stable, smooth. Uggghh! And the aqua is really bright and rich! Only $20 bucks and still some in stock. Mine only have a tiny bit of vibe and the ano is perfect? So I’m guessing its the bit of vibe. https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/yoyofactory-b-grade-yo-yos-2019?_pos=2&_sid=7777d839c&_ss=r&variant=28634560069706

1 Like

One Drop does not make (solid) aqua yoyos. Never have as far as I can tell.

Tried to take a photo of it, but I can’t capture how rich the aqua is… Very bright and stunning.

Yes, those aqua b-grade Genesises are stunning. I have two of them. In fact, they may very well be the best aqua ano I’ve ever seen (the OG Shutter is pretty much the same, BTW).

But is the b-grade Genesis really a better throw than a Shutter? I kinda think of them as being roughly equal.

1 Like

I like it better. I like the versatility of the shutter design but I think the Genesis is kinda floatier and yet more commanding and just so powerful in my opinion. Especially with one drop pads and a OD bearing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I was thinking teal and aqua were comparable

I can’t think of an aqua that isn’t YYF tbh. I’d say maybe the most recent MVP? I don’t know if it plays better so much as different and excelling at what it tries to do.

1 Like

I believe YYR released both the Helvetica and the Futura in aqua. I have a MYY Carpfin in aqua. It is rare, for sure, and that’s kinda my point. Finding a solid aqua monometal other than YYF’s offerings–of which the Shutter is the most common–is exceedingly difficult.

1 Like

Origami maybe

Hey, also just noticed that YYF released the NeoGenesis in Aqua. I haven’t played it, but it looks nice! https://www.yoyofactory.com/yoyos/neo-genesis-may-10

is the dna Ultra 7068 available? you can play bith responsive and unresponsive!

1 Like