Ben's Alphabetacular Yoyo Review: YYR Tone

Let me start off by saying that I am typically not a huge organic fan. There’s nothing I can actually point to that intrinsically makes me go “ew” but I just haven’t found one that doesn’t make my skin crawl (this is a hyperbole but still- to me organic is another term for giving me a predisposition against that yo).

but what if you crossed it with a v-shape bimetal?

That question gets answered with the Tone. Having the shape of a step-v but with gentle curves reminiscent of an organic throw, the Tone is truly unique. Weighing in at 65 grams, it’s the definition of a middle-weight yoyo. How that weight is distributed is a slice of something special. Due to its thick rims the tendency (as per my experience) for organics to be more centerweighted is cancelled out, not to the point of it being rimweighted, but instead evenly distributed throughout the whole yoyo.

Like most other yoyos from YYR that I have or have tried, power is not lacking on this throw. Although not blazingly fast it is capable of being pushed. Most noteworthy are how stable and easily controlled it is. As long as you aren’t being stupid and having skill issue on your end this yoyo will do EXACTLY what you want it to do.

Specs:
Diam: 56.00mm
Width: 44.60 mm
Gap: 4.52 mm
Weight: 65.00
Body type: Step-v/Organic fusion
Material: 7075 AL/ Stainless Steel

Overall this yoyo is pretty dang special. If you find one on BST or are willing to pay YYR prices I would highly recommend it, regardless of play style.

Ben’s Alphabetacular Rating (SS through F): S, for (Tony) Śec, the guy whose signature throw this is

8 Likes