Ben's Alphabetacular Yoyo Review: C3 Alt Bastet

I’ve mentioned this before, but I typically don’t like organics or throws that are close to it in shape. This is not an exception. However, in an attempt to be objective, I am doing my best here to think about this throw’s appeal to the general public as opposed to just crapping on what someone else may find very enjoyable, as there are definitely facets to it that are undeniable and must be acknowledged.

This yoyo is POWERFUL but not in the same way as the Valkyrie is. It’s kind of a gentle feel until it returns, where the bind feel reminds you that you’re dealing with a d-bearing in a full size yoyo. It is also stable as a yoyo can be. Control is relatively middling but could be worse.

This yoyo is incredibly slow. Painfully, almost, in comparison to what I like. It also very much feels like an organic.

If you like organics, however, give it a shot. If you’re looking for the C3 performance standard, maybe sit this one out.

That being said, it’s nice to know that my favorite yoyo company is capable of making a solid showing at a different style than what they typically output.

Ben’s Alphabetacular Rating: B+ (for Bastet) objectively, C- personally (for Cat) since I am organic-averse.

Stats:
Weight: 65.1g
Diam: 55 mm
Width: 44 mm
Bearing: D
Response: C3 Small response
Material: 7075 Al
Shape: Step-Round/Organic

3 Likes