Beginners Journey

Long Overdue Update:

Kids have not been playing string time much lately. Occasionally they pick it up, but more often than not, they choose other things. My son just recently “Organized” his yoyos on a shelf in his room. I think with them being front and center, he picks them up a little more often.

Daughter seems to carry a yoyo in her little purse, always having it near by. But again, doesn’t play that much.

My Journey;

For the most part, I have stepped away from the 1A Unresponsive Play. I have been focusing on Fixed Axle and Modern Responsive Play.

With being a member of the Yoyo Boomer Club, the last few months has been Crazy.

When the community found out there was not a planned event for Fixed Axle February, the Club rallied the troops and was able to Host the event. This was an impressive undertaking by the Club, with only 2 weeks’ notice, we pulled it off. The group of Gentlemen who came together to organize this event and pull it off is more than impressive. Also receiving sponsorship from various vendors and companies was amazing. Along with the “Guests” who volunteered and supplied video.

The Club then decided to do Modern Responsive March, another 4 weeks of events successfully accomplished.

I am honored and proud to have had a small part in these successes!

2A April has started, with 5A May in the works.

Yoyo Aquisition Disorder is still running rampant with me. I see a “New” yoyo and have little to no self-control. My criteria has become more defined as of late, which I think may help? I still don’t think I have a problem… but the collection has now eclipsed 100 yoyos. Something I never really thought would happen.

Have Fun.

13 Likes