Been A While

It’s been a minute since I’ve checked in. I’ve honestly had such a tough time learning to yo-yo I put it down for all this time. (Busy busy busy!) This vacation has restarted my interest and I even met with a Duncan yo-yo guy here. (I even happen to have my Horizon with me in my “tactical bag”:joy: but we were catching the bus to Disney… The only thing cooler than the yo-yo is the big wheel!image

9 Likes

Since 2016 eh … welcome back! :motorcycle:

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re back. Do. Not. Leave.

6 Likes

Bagpipes, Jiu Jitsu, Our 6 Year Old daughter. I’ve actually carried my Horizon with me everywhere I go. My bag has the perfect pouch for it. I really want to learn the yo-yo. I have to force myself. I’ve had such a hard time getting a solid bind that I lost the will to live. :joy::weary::weary:

4 Likes

If I can learn binding so can normal people. Practice pays off. Now it’s instinctive for me and I do not have to think about it. What helped me is putting responsives out of sight. No safety net forced me to get better!

4 Likes

…or you could just play responsive. Put that Horizon away, and give something else a go. Plenty to learn along that path too! Either way, yep, practice pays off.

2 Likes

Oh yeah responsive! Pick up a Deep State or Confusion!

2 Likes

All I meant was - I wanted to get better at binding but every time I got frustrated I’d go back to responsive because it was easy even though I knew it limited me. I got ticked off and told myself, no, I will throw unresponsive until I can do all of my moves / tricks unresponsive. Now I can, and with ease and I enjoy responsive as well only not as a hiding place of my fear of binding. If that makes sense… I’m gonna look into Deep State!

3 Likes

This looks pretty sweet…

2 Likes

You can always add some Vaseline to that bearing and play it responsively :wink:

2 Likes

I love my Deep State. I use YYF thick lube on the bearing, I think it is just responsive enough that way. Still sleeps and can do all your basics tricks then tug it back. There is just something about that yoyo. I carry it everywhere. I want to do this one day.

3 Likes

Maybe it will be in the 2019 budget. I have a lot of responsives already.

1 Like

image image

My every day carry. :joy:

4 Likes

How’s your progress doing?

2 Likes